J.D., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law; Order of the Coif
B.S., magna cum laude, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Roger counsels clients on a broad range of health and safety related regulatory matters before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and other federal and state agencies. His clients include manufacturers of bulk and specialty chemicals, pesticides, industrial and consumer products, home appliances and electronics, children’s toys, food and dietary supplements, and products subject to special environmental and safety controls.
- Advises product manufacturers on compliance with environmental statutes and EPA regulations under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Counsels industrial manufacturers on compliance with hazardous material handling and disposal, workplace safety, and Hazard Communications regulations under the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the EPA, and state OSHA counterparts.
- Advises manufacturers regarding product labeling, advertising, and promotion practices for industrial, agricultural, and consumer goods, including OSHA Hazard Communication labeling and Safety Data Sheets, CPSC hazardous substances labeling, EPA and FDA mandatory labeling for regulated products, and FTC advertising rules such as the Green Guides for environmental friendliness claims.
- Advises pesticide manufacturers and distributors on the federal and state product registration and compliance with EPA requirements.
- Counsels clients regarding market recalls of food, drug, and consumer products from the U.S. marketplace before the CPSC and the FDA.
- Counsels clients regarding the requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) (such as lead content and children's products testing and certification) and other consumer product safety standards, rules, and regulations.
- Represented a major electronics retailer before the CPSC in the nationwide recall of a children's toy product due to a manufacturing defect.
- Advised a national manufacturer of pet products in connection with the recall of an entire line of pet food products due to salmonella contamination.
- Represents clients in mergers and acquisitions of subsidiary businesses. Conducts regulatory due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions, licensing agreements, and other corporate transactions.
- Legal Intern, Computer and Communications Industry Association (2007)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Environmental Law Institute (ELI)
- Food & Drug Law Institute (FDLI)
- Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
News & Insights
- February 6, 2017 | Press Release
- January 26, 2017 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementSAE 2017 Government/Industry MeetingRoger H. Miksad, Speaker
- January 2017 | Newsletter
- October 25, 2016 | AlertDavid B. Weinberg, Roger H. Miksad
- October 19, 2016 | Online Webinar | Speaking Engagement
- October 4, 2016 | Press Release
- September 2016 | Newsletter
- July 8, 2016 | ArticleLaw360Tracy Heinzman, Roger H. Miksad
- June 14, 2016 | Online Webinar | Speaking EngagementWhy Companies Other Than Chemical Manufacturers Must Pay Attention to EPA's New "Lautenberg Act" TSCA Authority
- April 2016 | Newsletter
- January 2016 | Newsletter
- January 2016 | Newsletter
- November 16, 2015 | Webinar | Speaking EngagementOSHA’s HCS and Implications for Pesticide Labeling in the Supply ChainCropLife AmericaTracy Heinzman, Speaker, Roger H. Miksad, Speaker
- September 2015 | Newsletter
- February 2015 | Newsletter
- November 14, 2014 | Press Release
- October 2014 | Newsletter
- March 2014 | Newsletter
- February 10, 2014 | Press Release
- January 2014 | NewsletterOpportunity Exists Until February 4 to Comment on CPSC’s Effort to Toughen “Voluntary” Product Recall Process
- December 12, 2013 | ArticleBloomberg BNA's Occupational Safety & Health ReporterDavid B. Weinberg, Roger H. Miksad
- November 2013 | Newsletter
- September 2013 | Newsletter
- June 2013 | Newsletter
- April 23, 2013 | Press Release
- January 2013 | Newsletter
- August 2012 | Newsletter
- August 2012 | Newsletter
- June 2012 | ArticleGlobal Warming Nuisance Suits Given a Cool Reception in CourtThe Federalist Society's Class Action WatchMegan L. Brown, Roger H. Miksad
- April 2012 | Newsletter
- January/February 2012 | Newsletter
- July 2011 | ArticleFranchising WorldRoger H. Miksad
- June 3, 2011 | ArticleTPSAC to Meet July 21-22 to Propose Changes to Menthol Report and to Begin Review of Dissolvable Tobacco ProductsRoger H. Miksad
- June 2011 | ArticleCyber Security Governance: Existing Structures, International Approaches and the Private SectorAmerica's Cyber Future: Security and Prosperity in the Information Age
- May 27, 2011 | ArticleRestaurant ManagementRoger H. Miksad
- 2011 | ArticleCommonwealth Brands, Inc. et al. v. United States et al.Top 20 Food & Drug Cases, 2010 & Cases to Watch, 2011Roger H. Miksad