J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Brown University
Journal on Legislation
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Sara offers counsel to telecommunications and mass media clients on a variety of regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. She also counsels clients seeking to operate unmanned aircraft systems.
- Assists clients in developing strategy for and preparing comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Counsels telecommunications and mass media clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Provides counseling on compliance with evolving regulation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
- Assists clients in obtaining authorization from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to operate UAS; tracks and analyzes state and local regulations of UAS, with a focus on potential conflicts between different regulatory authorities.
- Advises clients on compliance with federal obligations to make telecommunications services and devices accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Assists satellite clients seeking authorization from the FCC to launch and operate satellites or serve the U.S. market; advises satellite clients on compliance with federal regulations.
- Represents clients in FCC enforcement proceedings and assists clients with meeting requirements associated with enforcement decisions.
- Advises information and communications technology clients on Internet policy issues in the U.S. and abroad.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Legal Intern, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (2013)
- Law Clerk, Center for Law and Education (2012)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
News & Insights
- September 2, 2016 | Alert
- June 3, 2016 | AlertShawn H. Chang, Sara M. Baxenberg
- May 26, 2016 | AlertHUD Proposes to Require Broadband Infrastructure Installation in Projects to Construct or Substantially Rehabilitate Multifamily Rental Housing
- May 19, 2016 | AlertNTIA Concludes UAS Multistakeholder Process; Releases Consensus Document on Voluntary Best Practices
- April 29, 2016 | ArticleCircleID
- November 4, 2015 | Press Release
- February 2015 | Newsletter
- January 7, 2015 | Alert