J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Brown University
Journal on Legislation
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Sara offers counsel to telecommunications and mass media clients on a variety of regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. She also counsels clients seeking to operate unmanned aircraft systems.
- Assists clients in developing strategy for and preparing comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Counsels telecommunications and mass media clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Provides counseling on compliance with evolving regulation of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
- Assists clients in obtaining authorization from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to operate UAS; tracks and analyzes state and local regulations of UAS, with a focus on potential conflicts between different regulatory authorities.
- Advises clients on compliance with federal obligations to make telecommunications services and devices accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Assists satellite clients seeking authorization from the FCC to launch and operate satellites or serve the U.S. market; advises satellite clients on compliance with federal regulations.
- Represents clients in FCC enforcement proceedings and assists clients with meeting requirements associated with enforcement decisions.
- Advises information and communications technology clients on Internet policy issues in the U.S. and abroad.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice.
- Legal Intern, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (2013)
- Law Clerk, Center for Law and Education (2012)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
News & Insights
- March 23, 2017 | Article
- February 14, 2017 | ArticleLaw360
- December 22, 2016 | ArticleLaw360
- October 26, 2016 | ArticleWileyConnectSara M. Baxenberg, Author
- October 21, 2016 | Alert
- October 12, 2016 | ArticleWileyConnectSara M. Baxenberg, Author
- September 2, 2016 | Alert
- August 5, 2016 | Alert
- August 1, 2016 | Alert
- July 13, 2016 | AlertBennett L. Ross, Sara M. Baxenberg
- June 22, 2016 | Alert
- June 3, 2016 | AlertShawn H. Chang, Sara M. Baxenberg
- May 26, 2016 | AlertHUD Proposes to Require Broadband Infrastructure Installation in Projects to Construct or Substantially Rehabilitate Multifamily Rental Housing
- May 19, 2016 | AlertNTIA Concludes UAS Multistakeholder Process; Releases Consensus Document on Voluntary Best Practices
- May 4, 2016 | Alert
- April 29, 2016 | ArticleCircleID
- March 30, 2016 | Alert
- March 17, 2016 | ArticleUAS Vision
- March 14, 2016 | Alert
- December 18, 2015 | Alert
- December 14, 2015 | Alert
- November 20, 2015 | AlertFAA Announces Next Steps for UAS Registration: Receipt of Task Force Recommendations, Issuance of Interim Final Rule, and Opportunity for Public Comment
- November 4, 2015 | Press Release
- October 21, 2015 | Alert
- October 6, 2015 | Alert
- July 14, 2015 | Alert
- April 14, 2015 | Alert
- March 27, 2015 | Article
- February 2015 | Newsletter
- February 18, 2015 | AlertSummary of the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Operation and Certification of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- January 7, 2015 | Alert