B.A., University of South Carolina
Areas of Specialty
- Public Policy, Co‑Chair
Scott, an experienced senior-level Capitol Hill staffer and public policy advocate, assists clients to advance their business interests in Washington, DC. Throughout his career, he has worked closely with members of Congress on both sides of the aisle, as well as Committee staff and government agencies.
- Effectively assisted clients with legislative priorities working with congressional members and staff regarding transportation, health care, homeland security, financial services, tax, labor, environmental, appropriations, and telecommunications issues.
- Developed and implemented successful lobbying campaigns as well as comprehensive coalitions on a variety of issues.
- Represented clients on high profile matters in the health care space, addressing Affordable Care Act (ACA) issues such as Medicaid expansion, Exchange provisions, Drug Rebate Equalization, FMAP, Medicare Advantage Star Ratings, and Health Insurance Tax.
- Served as Chief Lobbyist for high-priority legislative, political, and media efforts for private sector entities.
- Secured critical funding for aviation programs and initiatives through the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) appropriations processes.
- Procured legislative and political intelligence that enabled associations and corporations to anticipate threats and take advantage of opportunities on Capitol Hill.
- Monitored and tracked legislative and political actions that impacted associations and corporations.
- Vice President of Government and Political Affairs, Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) (2007-2009)
- Chief of Staff, Office of Rep. Katherine Harris (2005-2007)
- Policy Advisor, Office of Rep. John Sullivan (2003-2005)
- Legislative Representative and PAC Manager, National Association of Home Builders (2002-2003)
- Legislative Associate, Stateside Associates (2002)
News & Insights
- June 10, 2015 | Media MentionLaw360
- December 16, 2014 | Press Release
- December 4, 2014 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementPLI's 32nd Annual Telecommunications Policy & Regulation SeminarScott Weaver, Co-Moderator
- November 5, 2014 | ArticleScott Weaver
- October 22, 2013 | Alert
- August 29, 2013 | Alert
- March 28, 2013 | AlertCommerce Department Seeking Industry Comment on Cybersecurity Incentives—Opportunity to Shape Policy
- February 13, 2013 | AlertCombating Cyber-Terrorism: President Issues Executive Order on Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
- January 30, 2013 | Article
- December 2012 | Newsletter
- December 3, 2012 | ArticleMegan L. Brown, Scott Weaver
- November 8, 2012 | ArticleGovernment Contracts Law360
- Winter 2012 | NewsletterHill Increasingly Focused on Cybersecurity Threats and Private Sector Responses: Looming Effects on Government Contractors
- October 2011 | ArticleCongress Evaluates The Administration's Cybersecurity Proposal - Several Elements May Affect U.S. BusinessesThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Vol. 19, No. 10