J.D., magna cum laude, Duke University School of Law
B.A., cum laude, Duke University
Senior Research Editor, Duke Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar (*Pending, supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar)
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Stewart represents insurers in connection with coverage issues, disputes, and litigation matters arising under various types of professional liability and general liability insurance policies. A certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, Stewart uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts pleadings and motions on behalf of insurers in coverage litigation in federal and state courts.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with complex insurance litigation matters in federal and state courts nationwide.
- Legal Research Associate, The Media Institute (2014)
News & Insights
- August 2017 | Newsletter
- June 2017 | NewsletterAn Insured’s Prior Knowledge Precludes Coverage for Other Insureds Seeking Coverage; Prior Litigation Exclusion Applies to Arbitration Demand
- June 2017 | Newsletter
- April 2017 | NewsletterCourt Upholds Eroding Defense Expense Provision; ERISA Exclusion Bars Coverage for Constitutional and Statutory Civil Rights Claims
- March 30, 2017 | ArticleCourt Upholds Eroding Defense Expense Provision; ERISA Exclusion Bars Coverage for Constitutional and Statutory Civil Rights ClaimsExecutive Summary BlogK. Stewart Day
- March 2017 | Newsletter
- February 10, 2017 | ArticleExecutive Summary BlogK. Stewart Day
- January 11, 2017 | ArticleExecutive Summary BlogK. Stewart Day
- January 9, 2017 | ArticleMultiple Clients’ Claims Against Accountant Deemed Related and Subject to Lower Limit of Liability Due to Insureds’ Prior Knowledge of One Client’s ClaimExecutive Summary BlogK. Stewart Day
- November 28, 2016 | ArticleProfessional Services Exclusion Bars Coverage for False Claims Act Suit Against Online Education ServicerExecutive Summary BlogK. Stewart Day
- November 17, 2016 | ArticleSixth Circuit Enforces 24-Month Contractual Limitations Period In Bond; Employee’s Knowledge Bars Coverage for Company Under E&O PolicyExecutive Summary BlogK. Stewart Day
*Not admitted to the District of Columbia Bar. Supervised by principals of the firm who are members of the District of Columbia Bar.