LL.M., George Mason University School of Law
Ph.D., University of Delhi
M.S., University of Delhi
B.S., Hindu College, University of Delhi
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Areas of Specialty
Sushma serves as a consultant to Wiley Rein LLP. She leverages her deep scientific and intellectual property law background to design and manage patent portfolio development and generic drug product strategy planning. Sushma has extensive knowledge of both new drug discovery research (New Chemical entities) as well as generic drug product/active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- Drafted patents for pharmaceutical company and clients, especially medical doctors working at cutting edge of discovering new breakthroughs.
- Performed comprehensive patent search/analysis including patentability, invalidity, state of art, freedom to operate for proposed therapeutic targets, new chemical entities (NCE) and API.
- Performed IP due diligence of assigned in-house and outsourced products or processes.
- Prepared grounds/drafts for invalidity, non-infringement, FTO opinion.
- Conducted patent landscape preparation/analysis for various therapeutic areas.
- Provided design suggestions around patent blocks.
- Identified potential opportunities in various markets.
- Patent Consultant, Aurora Consulting LLC (2016-2017)
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited (now Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited)
- Senior Research Scientist, Intellectual Property (2012-2015)
- Research Scientist, Intellectual Property (2006-2011)
- Research Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry (New Drug Discovery Research) (2004-2006)