B.S.E.E., Lehigh University
Thomas S. Dombrowsky Jr.
Areas of Specialty
Tom provides technical advice and guidance to clients concerning spectrum issues. He has specialized experience in spectrum policy matters, especially with respect to issues that affect commercial mobile providers and manufacturers.
- Extensive experience with government allocation and licensing of electromagnetic spectrum.
- Actively engaged in advice and support of clients concerning the technical and policy initiatives of the National Broadband Plan including the reallocation of broadcast television spectrum and mobile satellite service spectrum.
- Advises a variety of provider and manufacturer clients on technical issues in front of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) concerning allocation and operation of networks and devices.
- Counsels a number of clients on net neutrality and open network technical requirements for wireless networks and actively assists them before the government.
- Assists clients in front of the FCC on issues involved with enhanced 911, equipment certification, and unlicensed services such as WiFi and TV white spaces.
- Chief, Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, Commercial Wireless Division, Licensing and Technical Analysis and Broadband branches (1997)
- Engineer, Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications and Private Radio bureaus (1988-1997)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Chair, Wireless Practice Committee (2009-2011)
- Chair, Engineering and Technical Practice Committee (2002-2004, 2007-2008)
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
- Commerce Spectrum Management Advisory Committee (2011-Present)
News & Insights
- March 31, 2014 | Arlington, VA | Co-ModeratorWSRD Workshop V - Understanding the Spectrum Environment: Using Data and Monitoring to Improve Spectrum Utilization
- January 29, 2014 | Press Release
- February 25, 2013 | ArticleBy Thomas S. Dombrowsky Jr., Michael A. Lewis
- October 3, 2012 | Alert
- September 28, 2012 | AlertBy Eric W. DeSilva, Thomas S. Dombrowsky Jr.
- April 7, 2011 | Alert
- February 2, 2011 | SpeakerBroadband Technologies and the Future of Content DeliveryFCBA's Communications Law 101 Seminar