J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., cum laude, State University of New York at Geneseo
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and District of Columbia Circuits
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
Tracy has been representing clients for more than twenty years in a broad range of environmental, health, and safety matters. She is nationally recognized for her strategic representation of businesses that manufacture and market chemicals, pesticides, biocides, and other highly regulated products.
- Develops strategies for evaluating and defending "embattled" products, including strategies for managing regulatory, public policy, communications, and litigation risks.
- Counsels clients on sophisticated environmental/regulatory requirements affecting all aspects of chemical development, production, and use.
- Represents clients before regulatory authorities to facilitate product approvals and defend against product restrictions and other adverse regulatory decisions.
- Assists clients in the area of environmental compliance assessment by conducting internal investigations to identify existing noncompliance issues and designing and implementing compliance programs.
- Works extensively with scientific experts and consultants in the areas of public health, risk assessment, toxicology, ecotoxicity, carcinogenicity, children's health, and occupational exposure.
- Counsels and represents clients on a wide range of legal and policy matters involving the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), the Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), the Hazardous Communication Standard of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA), the Federal Hazardous Substances Act, the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, the Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSA), the U.S. Department of Transportation rules governing hazardous materials transport, the U.S. Customs Service rules governing chemical import/export, community right-to-know laws, and California's Proposition 65.
- Advises clients on issues regarding the restriction and regulation of ozone-depleting substances under Title VI of the CAA and the multi-lateral international environmental treaty that governs those substances.
- Counsel, Methyl Bromide Industry Panel of the American Chemistry Council (1992-Present)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Committee on Pesticides, Chemical Regulation and Right-to-Know
- Committee on International Environmental Law
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
News & Insights
- June 23, 2017 | Alert
- May 11, 2017 | Online Webinar | Speaking EngagementTSCA CBI: The Rules Have Changed
- March 7, 2017 | Online Webinar | Speaking EngagementEPA’s TSCA Risk Evaluation Proposal: Aggregate vs. Sentinel Risk Assessment ChallengesTracy Heinzman, Martha E. Marrapese
- March 2017 | Newsletter
- February 28, 2017 | Online Webinar | Speaking EngagementTSCA Reform Rulemaking: Implementation Areas for Comment
- October 19, 2016 | Online Webinar | Speaking Engagement
- September 2016 | Newsletter
- September 2016 | Newsletter
- July 13, 2016 | Webinar | Speaking EngagementDealing with Noncompliant Products and Responding to Stop Sale Orders under FIFRATracy Heinzman, Speaker, Joseph S. Kakesh, speaker
- July 8, 2016 | ArticleLaw360Tracy Heinzman, Roger H. Miksad
- June 14, 2016 | Online Webinar | Speaking EngagementWhy Companies Other Than Chemical Manufacturers Must Pay Attention to EPA's New "Lautenberg Act" TSCA Authority
- April 6, 2016 | Webinar | Speaking EngagementHow to Handle FIFRA InspectionsTracy Heinzman, Speaker, Joseph S. Kakesh, Speaker
- January 2016 | Newsletter
- November 16, 2015 | Webinar | Speaking EngagementOSHA’s HCS and Implications for Pesticide Labeling in the Supply ChainCropLife AmericaTracy Heinzman, Speaker, Roger H. Miksad, Speaker
- November 11, 2015 | Webinar | Speaking EngagementSupplemental Distribution Under FIFRATracy Heinzman, Speaker, Joseph S. Kakesh, Speaker
- June 2015 | Newsletter
- October 2014 | Newsletter
- March 2014 | Newsletter
- September 2013 | Newsletter
- January 3, 2013 | AlertTracy Heinzman, Maureen E. Thorson
- August 31, 2011 | ArticleTracy Heinzman, Maureen E. Thorson
- January 22, 2008 | Press Release
- February 23, 2007 | Press Release
- August 30, 2006 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein & Fielding Secures Dismissal of Lawsuit against Methyl Bromide Producers for “Critical Use” of Pesticide
- March 7, 2005 | Press Release
- February 1, 2005 | Press Release