J.D., summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law; Order of the Coif; Dean’s Scholar
B.A., with highest honors, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Note & Comment Editor, American University Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Tyler counsels clients in a variety of corporate governance and transactional matters, including corporate restructurings, asset and stock transactions, commercial transactions, and corporate formations. Tyler also advises and represents clients in real estate transactional and litigation matters.
- Oversaw and managed the restructuring of an international company.
- Represented companies in stock and asset transactions in various industries, including the broadcast media, sports, and wine industries.
- Drafted and negotiated various commercial and other agreements, including asset purchase agreements, limited partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, software service agreements, government subcontracts and teaming agreements, real estate leases, satellite capacity leases, professional service and independent contractor agreements, and settlement agreements.
- Advised and represented clients on various real estate transactional and litigation matters in both the commercial and residential contexts.
- Represented a sports private equity fund in the formation and management of an international fund structure.
- Counseled nonprofit entities in connection with their formation, tax-exempt status, and governance.
- Advised businesses on state and local business and charitable solicitation licensing.
- Counseled a retail business on its marketing and advertising.
- Actively contributes to the firm’s bro bono work, including providing representation in federal court to a student regarding claims of discrimination against his former university. Recognized by Wiley Rein for Outstanding Pro Bono Contributions (2015).
- Student Attorney, American University Washington College of Law Criminal Defense Clinic (2015)
- Intern, the Honorable Reggie B. Walton, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2014)
- Dean’s Fellow, Professor David Snyder, American University Washington College of Law (2013-2014)
- Summer Associate, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Office of Corporate In-House Counsel (2013)
News & Insights
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release
- July 2016 | Newsletter