J.D., summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law; Order of the Coif; Dean’s Scholar
B.A., with highest honors, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Note & Comment Editor, American University Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
*District of Columbia Bar (Pending, supervised by principals of the firm)
Tyler counsels clients in a variety of corporate governance and transactional matters, including corporate restructurings, asset and stock transactions, and corporate formations. Tyler also works with franchise transactions.
- Oversaw the restructuring of an international company, which involved the drafting and review of various agreements and corporate documents, as well as contact with client personnel and local counsel around the world.
- Counseled nonprofit entities in connection with their formation, tax-exempt status, and governance.
- Represented broadcast media companies in radio station acquisitions and sales.
- Drafted and reviewed software service agreements, franchise agreements, and various corporate documents.
- Actively contributes to the firm’s bro bono work, including providing pro bono representation in federal court to a student regarding claims of discrimination against his former university. Recognized by Wiley Rein for Outstanding Pro Bono Contributions (2015).
- Student Attorney, American University Washington College of Law Criminal Defense Clinic (2015)
- Intern, the Honorable Reggie B. Walton, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2014)
- Dean’s Fellow, Professor David Snyder, American University Washington College of Law (2013-2014)
- Summer Associate, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Office of Corporate In-House Counsel (2013)
News & Insights
*Not admitted to the DC bar. Supervised by the principals of the firm.