- J.D., with honors, University of Maryland School of Law
- B.A., Elon College
- Articles Editor, Maryland Law Review
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Colorado and District of Maryland
David E. WeslowPARTNER
Mr. Weslow focuses his practice on litigation and transactions involving trademarks, copyrights and domain names and related product and service development and distribution issues. A former software and web developer, he regularly handles cutting-edge issues and disputes involving law and technology. Mr. Weslow represents internet service providers (ISPs) and technical services firms in litigation and intellectual property disputes, and he is heavily involved with top-level domain names and Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) related issues.
The Legal 500 US 2012 recognized Mr. Weslow for his practice “relating to online and emerging technology” and he is frequently interviewed by media outlets from around the world for commentary on intellectual property, Internet and technology law issues. Mr. Weslow is the editor of ALM’s forthcoming treatise Online Brand (Trademark) Protection and is the author of a chapter on “Domain Name Litigation Strategies and Tactics” in Thomson Reuters’ Litigation Strategies for Intellectual Property Cases, 2012 ed.
- Developing strategies for global enforcement of trademarks in physical and virtual contexts.
- Representing parties in record setting domain name transactions and disputes.
- Representing a software development company in a trial of trade secret and unfair competition litigation against a former business partner.
- Preparing a wide range of Internet, new media and intellectual property agreements and opinions.
- Representing a luxury consumer product company in trademark, copyright and patent actions throughout the country.
- Representing an information technology company in a trial of trademark infringement claims.
- Representing a pulp and paper product manufacturer in patent, trademark and commercial contract actions throughout the country.
- Representative Reported Cases:
- The Boston Consulting Group, Inc. v. Alexander, 2012 UDRP Lexis 1814 (WIPO 2012).
- Anchor Drilling Fluids USA, Inc. v. AnchorDF, 2012 UDRP Lexis 846 (WIPO 2012).
- Myriad Dev., Inc. v. Alltech, Inc., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 119844 (W.D. Tex. 2011).
- Aquatherm Inc. v. Marketing Express, 2011 UDRP LEXIS 2878 (WIPO 2011).
- Nokota Horse Cons., Inc. v. Bernhardt, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 105142 (D. N.D. 2009).
- Bains Ultra Inc. v. 7677 East Berry Ave. Assoc., 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 14633 (D. Colo. 2009).
- Defever Yachts Int'l LLC v. Yachts West, 2009 UDRP LEXIS 648 (WIPO 2009).
- Alltech Inc. v. Myriad Dev. Inc., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 98707 (W.D. Va. 2008).
- Western Union Holdings, Inc. v. Eastern Union, Inc., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 66281 (N.D. Ga. 2007), aff'd 2008 U.S. App. LEXIS 13226 (11th Cir. 2008).
- First Data Corp. v. Firstdataclient.com, 2006 UDRP LEXIS 817 (WIPO 2006).
- Intel Corp. v. Garaga Inc., 74 USPQ2d 1955 (TTAB 2005).
- In re Tomy Corp., 38 Cust. B. & Dec. 6 (2004).
- American Bar Association (ABA), IP Section.
- Special Committee on Computer Gaming and Virtual Worlds.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- Intellectual Property Constituency (IPC) of ICANN's Generic Names Supporting Organization.
- International Game Developers Association (IGDA).
- International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Internet Committee.
- Online Use Subcommittee.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Copyright Law (2012).
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" by Super Lawyers magazine (2013).
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- gTLD "Trademark Clearinghouse" Opens for Registration March 26, 2013
David E. Weslow and Jennifer L. Elgin
February 26, 2013 | Intellectual Property Alert
- Domain Name Litigation Strategies and Tactics
David E. Weslow
July 2012 | Litigation Strategies for Intellectual Property Cases
- Combating Cybersquatters: A Legal Primer
Michael E. Toner and David E. Weslow
May/June 2012 | Campaigns & Elections