Douglas S. WileySENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR
Mr. Wiley provides advocacy, analysis, and advice to clients on a wide range of issues and represents clients before the Executive and Legislative branches of government. He has more than 20 years of experience in legislative affairs and government relations at major communications industry associations and companies.
- Assists in representation of broadcast and telecommunications companies before Congress and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Advocates for telecommunications, broadcast, satellite, and telephony clients on a variety of matters.
- Monitors legislative and political processes and initiatives.
- Manages relationships with senior policymakers on Capitol Hill, the Executive branch, and in regulatory agencies, including the White House, FCC, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, and National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA).
- Senior Director of Strategic Relations, Politico (2010-2011).
- Executive Vice President of Government Relations/Administration and Agencies, National Association of Broadcasters (2006-2009).
- Senior Vice President of Government Relations, Electronic Industries Alliance (2003-2006).
- Senior Director of Government Relations, Alcatel, S.A (1999-2003).
- Vice President, Hecht Spencer & Associates (1996-1999).
- Director of Legislative Affairs, Competitive Telecommunications Association (1993-1996).
- Vice President of Government Relations, Telecommunications Industry Association (1991-1993).
- Senior Telecommunications Advisor/Legislative Assistant, Office of Representative Thomas J. Bliley, Jr., U.S. House of Representatives (1987-1991).
- Special Assistant to Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Administration (1985-1987).
- Principal, The Advertising Coalition (2006-2009).
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA).
- U.S. Information Technology and Trade Advisory Committee (IT ISAC), U.S. Department of Commerce (2000-2006).