- International Trade, Chair
- J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
- B.A., with high honors, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Topics Editor, The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Alan H. PricePARTNER
Alan has more than 25 years of experience representing clients in high-profile, complex international trade regulatory matters, including trade litigation involving public and government relations issues. In addition to being chair of the firm’s International Trade Practice, he heads the firm’s antidumping and countervailing duty practice. He also counsels clients on bilateral and multilateral agreements, trade legislation, customs regulation, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance issues, escape clause investigations, and Section 301 cases. Regularly rated by Chambers USA as one of the nation’s “Leading Lawyers” in his field, Alan is a “highly active adviser” (2013), commended for his “big-picture oriented approach” (2014). Clients have described him to Chambers as “an excellent professional, very knowledgeable, and with vast experience in the field” (2012), and to The Legal 500 US as “a ‘go to’ lawyer” who is “knowledgeable, efficient and client focused” (2013).
- Lead counsel to Nucor Corporation, the largest and most diversified domestic steel producer, on international trade matters.
- Lead counsel to the American Scrap Coalition, focusing on legal and political solutions for addressing raw material trade restriction.
- Lead counsel to Wind Tower Trade Coalition in U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty cases involving renewable energy products.
- Advises U.S. industry and the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) in connection with World Trade Organization (WTO) disputes regarding China's raw material export restrictions.
- Represents Maverick Tube Corporation, a subsidiary of Tenaris, S.A., in antidumping and countervailing duty disputes.
- Represents domestic producers of paper products in antidumping and countervailing duty disputes.
- Represented numerous steel mills in the Steel Safeguards Investigation, a multi-faceted legal, political, and public relations effort that led to the temporary import relief being imposed by President Bush.
- Represents numerous domestic steel producers in antidumping and countervailing duty investigations covering carbon, alloy, and stainless products.
- Represented Rockwell International in its antidumping case against large newspaper printing press imports.
- Represented Eastman Kodak in its antidumping case against color photographic paper imports, resulting in virtually all imports from Fuji Photo film being withdrawn from the U.S. market.
- Regularly represents clients in matters before the U.S. Court of International Trade, Executive branch, Congress, the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Successfully defended Armor SA against dumping allegations.
- Advised the USTR on international negotiations before the WTO.
- President (2012-2014), Vice President and President Elect (2010-2012), Committee to Support U.S. Trade Laws (CSUSTL)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Listed by Chambers Global as one of the "Leaders in Their Field" for his work in Trade Remedies & Trade Policy (2009, 2011-2015)
- Named a "Leading Lawyer" in Legal Media Group's Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading International Trade Lawyers (2007-2008, 2010)
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in International Trade: Trade Remedies & Trade Policy (2007-2014)
- Named by Chambers Global a leading international trade lawyer and described as "great on the petitioner side" (2008)
- Named by Lawdragon a "Leading Lawyers" Finalist (2007)
- Included in The International Who's Who of Trade & Customs Lawyers and The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers (2008-2011)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2014)
- Named by The Legal 500 US as a "recommended lawyer" in International Trade (2013-2014)
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- New Dumping Case Filed Against Silicomanganese Imports from Australia
Alan H. Price, Timothy C. Brightbill and Tessa Capeloto
February 20, 2015