- J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Villanova University; Phi Beta Kappa
- Case Comments Editor, The Federal Circuit Bar Journal
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Board Certified, Business Bankruptcy Law, American Board of Certification
The American Board of Certification is accredited by the American Bar Association to certify lawyers in the areas of bankruptcy law and creditors' right law. There is no procedure in the Commonwealth of Virginia for approving certifying organizations.
Rebecca L. SaittaOF COUNSEL
Recently named one of Virginia’s “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers magazine, Ms. Saitta represents debtors, creditors, and trustees on a variety of bankruptcy and insolvency issues in bankruptcy courts throughout the country and has particular expertise in the prosecution of preference and fraudulent transfer litigation on behalf of bankruptcy trustees. Her experience includes representing businesses in chapter 11 reorganizations, counseling lenders in loan restructures and creditors' rights litigation and representing trustees in fraud and corporate investigations, asset sales, claim objections, and the litigation of chapter 5 claims. Ms. Saitta also represents clients in complex commercial disputes in federal and state courts.
- Represents Liquidating Trustee in the Vijay K. Taneja case, one of the largest real estate mortgage fraud and Ponzi scheme cases in the Washington, DC area.
- Represented Liquidating Trustee of Dornier Aviation (North America), Inc. in a major aviation bankruptcy case which resulted in distributions to creditors in excess of 100%.
- Represented retail furniture chain of approximately 70 stores throughout the eastern United States in its chapter 11 liquidation.
- Represented manufacturer of carbonated 100% fruit juice line in its chapter 11 proceeding including representing the Debtor-in-Possession in the sale of substantially all of its assets for $1.166 million.
- Represented Landlords in connection with the Circuit City bankruptcy case.
- Counsels financial institutions in loan restructures and workout agreements.
- Represents applicants for security clearances before the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA).
- Law Clerk, America Online, Inc. (2002).
- Law Clerk, U.S. Office of Special Counsel (2001).
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI).
- Advisory Board, Mid-Atlantic Region (2013).
- Fairfax Bar Association.
- The Federal Bar Association (FBA).
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC).
- Board of Directors, Washington, DC Network (Present).
- Co-Chair, Communications Committee, Washington, DC Network (Present).
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, Washington, DC Network (2011-2013).
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT).
- Associate Editor, NABTalk, the quarterly journal of the NABT.
- Northern Virginia Bankruptcy Bar Association (NVBBA).
- The Virginia Bar Association (VBA).
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named one of Virginia's "Rising Stars" for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers magazine (2009-2014).
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2014).
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- Preference Action Primer: Understanding Section 547 Avoidance Actions
Rebecca L. Saitta
Spring 2014 | Bankruptcy Law News Vol. 24, No. 14
- Preference Action Primer: Key Strategies for Successful Prosecution by Trustees
Rebecca L. Saitta
Fall 2013 | NABTalk