- J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Villanova University; Phi Beta Kappa
- Case Comments Editor, The Federal Circuit Bar Journal
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Board Certified, Business Bankruptcy Law, American Board of Certification
The American Board of Certification is accredited by the American Bar Association to certify lawyers in the areas of bankruptcy law and creditors' right law. There is no procedure in the Commonwealth of Virginia for approving certifying organizations.
Rebecca L. SaittaOF COUNSEL
A former law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (known as the “Rocket Docket”), Ms. Saitta represents clients in complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts through the Washington DC metropolitan region. Ms. Saitta’s experience includes representing corporations in contract and business tort disputes, counseling financial institutions in loan restructures, representing intellectual property owners in trademark infringement litigation, and representing trustees in corporate investigations and fraudulent transfer litigation. Ms. Saitta has been named one of Virginia’s “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2009.
- Represents financial institutions, government contractors, franchisees, and trustees in complex commercial litigation in state and federal courts.
- Represents clients in trademark infringement litigation.
- Represents applicants for security clearances before the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA).
- Represented Liquidating Trustee in the Vijay K. Taneja case, one of the largest real estate mortgage fraud and Ponzi scheme cases in the Washington, DC area.
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI).
- Advisory Board, Mid-Atlantic Region (2013-Present).
- Fairfax Bar Association.
- The Federal Bar Association (FBA).
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC).
- Board of Directors, Washington, DC Network (Present).
- Co-Chair, Communications Committee, Washington, DC Network (2014-Present).
- Co-Chair, Membership Committee, Washington, DC Network (2011-2013).
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT).
- Associate Editor, NABTalk, the quarterly journal of the NABT (2013-2014).
- Northern Virginia Bankruptcy Bar Association (NVBBA).
- The Virginia Bar Association (VBA).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named one of Virginia's "Rising Stars" for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers magazine (2009-2014).
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2014).
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- Preference Action Primer: Understanding Section 547 Avoidance Actions
Rebecca L. Saitta
Spring 2014 | Bankruptcy Law News Vol. 24, No. 14