- J.D., magna cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law; Order of the Coif
- A.B., magna cum laude, Harvard University
Law Clerk for the Honorable Ellsworth A. Van Graafeiland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2000-2001)
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Gary P. SeligmanPARTNER
Gary counsels and represents insurers in complex disputes arising under professional liability policies and general liability policies in a variety of contexts at the trial and appellate court levels.
- Regularly counsels clients on a variety of professional liability coverage issues, including the application of policy provisions in the bankruptcy context.
- Extensive experience providing counseling and in litigating claims under first-party policies and general liability policies in the environmental, product liability, and other contexts.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with numerous securities matters and novel professional liability exposures analyzing underlying matters and advising regarding liability and settlement.
- Obtained summary judgment in a pair of cases for a lawyers professional liability insurer concerning the application of "related claims" provisions to multiple underlying claims.
- Reviews and drafts policy forms and endorsements for an array of general liability and professional liability coverages.
- Commercial general liability and commercial property underwriter for small business risks (1995-1996)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Recognized by Law360 as a "Rising Star" in Insurance Law (2012)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Insurance Law (2013)