- J.D., Yale Law School
- B.A., Cornell University
- Executive Editor, The Yale Law Journal
Law Clerk for the Honorable A. Raymond Randolph, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (1992-1993)
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
David H. TopolPARTNER
Mr. Topol represents professional liability insurers in coverage matters before state and federal courts across the country. He is regularly rated by Chambers USA as one of Washington, DC’s “Leading Lawyers” in his field.
- Serves as coverage and monitoring counsel in connection with a variety of professional liability policies, including directors and officers liability, banking, mutual fund, investment adviser, and fidelity bond policies.
- Regularly represents insurers' interests in connection with resolution of complex securities claims through litigation and alternative dispute resolution procedures.
- Represents and advises insurers with respect to coverage issues arising from policyholder bankruptcy and claims asserted on behalf of bankrupt estates.
- Management Consultant, McKinsey & Company (2001-2002). Provided strategic counsel to major corporations.
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Environmental Enforcement Section (1997-2001). Successfully litigated cases under CERCLA, the Clear Water Act, the Clean Air Act, and other environmental laws.
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in Insurance (2007-2014).
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for Insurance Coverage by Super Lawyers magazine (2011-2014).
- U.S. Department of Justice Attorney General's Award (1999).
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- To Allow to Neither Admit Nor Deny Liability: That is the SEC's Question
David H. Topol and Leland H. Jones, IV
October 2013 | Professional Liability Underwriting Society Journal, Vol. 26, No. 10