- J.D., with highest honors, Duke University School of Law; Order of the Coif
- B.S., Computer Science/Engineering, magna cum laude, Arizona State University
- Member, Law and Contemporary Problems Journal
Law Clerk for the Honorable William C. Bryson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2000-2001)
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- North Carolina Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Kevin P. AndersonPARTNER
Mr. Anderson specializes in patent litigation, counseling, and licensing; copyrights for technology and computer-related companies and trademark/trade dress infringement.
- Litigated cases involving a broad swath of technologies including: wireless standards; broadband Internet technologies such as asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL); communications and other networking technologies; wireless email products; software; computer systems; LEDs; pharmaceuticals; and medical devices.
- Successfully defended large wireless carrier against patent infringement suit brought by Acacia Research subsidiary DNT LLC, who sought more than $200 million from multiple defendants (jury found no infringement and also found the patent invalid on multiple grounds).
- Drafted summary judgment, trial, and appellate briefs for successful assertion of NTP wireless email patents against BlackBerry devices.
- Enforcement of Java software copyrights against foreign infringers.
- Defended large multinational corporation against numerous unfounded patent, design patent, trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement allegations.
- Litigated drug patent cases relating to Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA).
- Appeared against intellectual property cases in broad variety of venues including Federal district courts in Virginia, Texas, Delaware, New York, Illinois, California, New Jersey, Michigan, Florida, West Virginia, and Georgia.
- Secured a victory for client ARM Ltd. in defense of claims of patent infringement pertaining to the design of microprocessors. Successfully argued on behalf of ARM during the Federal Circuit argument.
- Ten years of experience designing and developing complex computer systems and knowledge of microprocessors, software, algorithms, computer graphics, and telecommunications systems.
- American Bar Association (ABA).
- Co-Chair, Federal Rules Revision Subcommittee (2008-Present).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for Intellectual Property Litigation by Super Lawyers magazine (2013).