- J.D., with highest honors, Duke University School of Law; Order of the Coif
- B.S., Computer Science/Engineering, magna cum laude, Arizona State University
- Member, Law and Contemporary Problems Journal
Law Clerk for the Honorable William C. Bryson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2000-2001)
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- North Carolina Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Kevin P. AndersonPARTNER
Mr. Anderson specializes in patent litigation, counseling, and licensing; copyrights for technology and computer-related companies and trademark/trade dress infringement.
- Successfully defended ARM Ltd. as appellee in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California in a matter regarding Java accelerators. Summary judgment of noninfrigement was granted by the district court and affirmed upon appeal in the U.S. District Court.
- Successfully litigated cases involving a broad swath of technologies including: wireless standards such as CDMA and WiFi; broadband Internet technologies such as asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL); wireless applications such as SMS; navigation systems; communications and other networking technologies; microprocessor technology; wireless email products; software; computer systems; LEDs; pharmaceuticals; and medical devices.
- Successfully defended large wireless carrier in numerous patent cases throughout the United States including wins at trial, on summary judgment, and at pleading stage.
- Successfully litigated numerous cases for client ARM Ltd. in defense of claims of patent infringement pertaining to the design of microprocessors including cases brought against downstream users of ARM-based processors with summary judgment including Nazomi v. Samsung, et al, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 85618 (N.D. Cal. 2013).
- Drafted summary judgment, trial, and appellate briefs for successful assertion of NTP wireless email patents against BlackBerry devices.
- Enforcement of Java software copyrights against foreign infringers.
- Defended large multinational corporation against numerous unfounded patent, design patent, trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement allegations.
- Successfully litigated drug patent cases relating to Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) through trial and appeal.
- Appeared on behalf of defendants in intellectual property cases in broad variety of venues including Federal district courts in Virginia, Texas, Delaware, New York, Illinois, California, New Jersey, Michigan, Florida, West Virginia, and Georgia.
- Ten years of experience designing and developing complex computer systems and knowledge of microprocessors, software, algorithms, computer graphics, and telecommunications systems prior to law school.
- American Bar Association (ABA).
- Co-Chair, Federal Rules Revision Subcommittee (2008-Present).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for Intellectual Property Litigation by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2014).