Mimi W. DawsonCONSULTANT
Ms. Dawson is a noted public policy strategist and co-chairs the firm Public Policy Group. She served as a Commissioner at the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and as Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation. She also spent numerous years as Chief of Staff to the Chairman of the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee.
- Assists clients before legislative, executive, and regulatory bodies, provides analysis on governmental initiatives and trends, and develops and implements Washington strategies.
- Assists small and mid-size telecommunications companies before Congress and the FCC.
- Developed strategy and successfully assisted manufacturers and telecommunications clients with respect to the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Developed a nationwide campaign for large energy company to establish presence in the nation’s capital and successfully sought a more favorable deregulated market from both Congress and the Administration.
- Successfully assisted an intergovernmental organization with privatization through the legislative and regulatory process.
- Developed strategies for major newspaper and media companies to protect ownership interests.
- Launched coalition of high-tech companies to establish their public policy agenda.
- Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation (1987-1989).
- Oversaw 100,000 employees and an annual budget of $26.5 billion.
- Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (1981-1987).
- Chief of Staff to Chairman of the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee.
- Senior Campaign Advisor, George H.W. Bush Re-election Campaign (1992).
- Adjunct Fellow in regulatory policy, Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- Chair, Board of Trustees, The Lab School of Washington.
- Chair, Board of Trustees, American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL).
- Board of Trustees, Atlantic Council of the United States (ACUS).
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Council and Executive Committee, U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.