- J.D., cum laude, Boston College Law School
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Eric H. WeisblattPARTNER
Mr. Weisblatt has more than 30 years of experience litigating patents in all fields of scientific endeavor before the federal district courts and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- In 2012, as lead trial counsel for Impax Laboratories, Inc., obtained a judgment in the District of New Jersey that Impax's Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) doxycycline hyclate delayed-release tablet product did not infringe the patent-in-suit.
- In litigation that involved progressive eyeglass lenses, after securing three favorable jury verdicts in the Southern District of California as lead trial counsel for Carl Zeiss Vision, in 2012 obtained a judgment that the defendant Signet Armorlite was guilty of willful infringement and must pay treble damages and attorney fees.
- In 2009, secured, on behalf of client emsCharts, Inc., a judgment in the Eastern District of Texas that there was no joint infringement of the patent-in-suit. In August 2010, the Federal Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Secured, on behalf of clients Santrade and Sandvik Special Metals, a large patent infringement settlement with General Electric in a case that involved nuclear fuel rods.
- Secured, on behalf of client Molnlycke, a large patent infringement settlement with Procter and Gamble in a case that involved baby diapers.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law Section.
- Founding Master, The Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court.
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability.