- J.D., with highest honors, Rutgers University School of Law at Camden
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Delaware; Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Fourth, Fifth, Tenth, Federal and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and District of New Jersey
Claire J. EvansPARTNER
Ms. Evans represents clients in connection with complex litigation and regulatory matters. Prior to joining Wiley Rein, she was a law clerk for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and an appellate attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Ms. Evans focuses on intellectual property issues surrounding new media and wireless technologies, joint use and tower siting litigation, and administrative and constitutional disputes.
- Litigates complex federal jurisdiction, preemption, constitutional and administrative law issues raised in ongoing intellectual property litigation and appeals.
- Represents telecommunications companies in complex litigation and regulatory proceedings involving joint use, pole attachment and tower siting issues.
- Counsels telecommunications companies on the scope of their federal rights and develops litigation strategies under the Communications Act, Copyright Act, Patent Act and other applicable laws.
- Assists with drafting amicus and merits briefs for filing in the U.S. Courts of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Counsels clients in music and sound recording licensing negotiations.
- Represented a national telecommunications company in copyright royalty fee litigation before the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) rate court to set license fees for the public performance of musical works in a variety of wireless communications products and services.
- At the DOJ, briefed and argued cases before five courts of appeals, involving questions of computer security and constitutional rights.
- Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Criminal Appellate Section (2006-2007).
- Bristow Fellow, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Solicitor General (2005-2006).
- Attorney, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of the General Counsel (2005).
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA).
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- Round Two: Joint Use After the D.C. Circuit's Pole Attachment Decision
Christopher S. Huther and Claire J. Evans
May 1, 2013 | BNA’s Communications Environmental & Land Use Law Report, Vol. 2013, No. 5