- J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif; Willard Waddington Gatchell Award (awarded to the top three students in the graduating class); Pro Bono Service Honor
- B.S., University of Illinois
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
M. Ethan LucarelliASSOCIATE
Mr. Lucarelli assists network operators; manufacturers of consumer, public safety, and enterprise telecommunications devices; trade associations; content producers, and others with a variety of complex regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters in the areas of domestic and international telecommunications and privacy.
- Assists in developing strategy for and preparing comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other federal agencies.
- Counsels and advocates on behalf of companies and others on international and domestic telecommunications, Internet and technology issues focusing on both specific markets and international organizations.
- Assists wireless and satellite clients on transactional and licensing issues before the FCC.
- Advises clients on international and domestic issues related to privacy, cybersecurity, and Internet regulation.
- Advises clients on compliance with federal disability access requirements including Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) and obligations under the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA).
- Served as a private sector member of the U.S. delegations to the 2012 World Conference on International Telecommunications and the 2013 World Telecommunication/ICT Policy Forum.
- Professorial Lecturer of Law (Scholarly Writing), The George Washington University Law School (2012-Present).
- Research Assistant, Professor Daniel Solove, The George Washington University Law School (2008-2009).
- Summer Associate, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Consumer and Trade Protection Section (2007).
- American Bar Association (ABA).
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA).
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- Commissioner O'Rielly Urges FCC to Address Growing Inventory of TCPA Petitions
Scott D. Delacourt, Thomas R. McCarthy, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Kathleen E. Scott*
March 27, 2014
- FirstNet Establishes Preliminary Strategic Roadmap and Recommends Active Stakeholder Input
Anna M. Gomez, Helen Eisner and M. Ethan Lucarelli
March 12, 2014
- EU General Data Protection Regulation: Stalled Until 2015?
M. Ethan Lucarelli
November 2013 | Privacy In Focus
- FCC Implements Sweeping Rules for Video Programming User Interfaces
Scott D. Delacourt, David E. Hilliard, Wayne D. Johnsen, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Henry R. Gola
November 1, 2013
- FirstNet Deployable Aerial Communications Architecture Request for Information
R. Michael Senkowski, Anna M. Gomez, Edward P. Faberman, Katy M. Ross and M. Ethan Lucarelli
August 15, 2013
- FCC Seeks Comment on Proposed Rules Requiring Accessibility of User Interfaces on Set-Top Boxes, Smartphones, PCs and other Devices Used to View Video Programming
Scott D. Delacourt, Wayne D. Johnsen, David E. Hilliard, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Henry R. Gola
May 31, 2013
- FCC Clarifies Accessibility Requirements for Internet Browsers, and Adopts New Requirements for Browsers Included with Mobile Telephones
Scott D. Delacourt, David E. Hilliard, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Henry R. Gola
April 30, 2013