- J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif; Willard Waddington Gatchell Award (awarded to the top three students in the graduating class); Pro Bono Service Honor
- B.S., University of Illinois
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
M. Ethan LucarelliASSOCIATE
Mr. Lucarelli assists network operators; manufacturers of consumer, public safety, and enterprise telecommunications devices; trade associations; content producers, and others with a variety of complex regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters in the areas of domestic and international telecommunications and privacy.
- Assists in developing strategy for and preparing comments, petitions, and other pleadings in complex proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other federal agencies.
- Counsels and advocates on behalf of companies and others on international and domestic telecommunications, Internet and technology issues focusing on both specific markets and international organizations.
- Assists wireless and satellite clients on transactional and licensing issues before the FCC.
- Advises clients on international and domestic issues related to privacy, cybersecurity, and Internet regulation.
- Advises clients on compliance with federal disability access requirements including Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) and obligations under the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA).
- Served as a private sector member of the U.S. delegations to the 2012 World Conference on International Telecommunications and the 2013 World Telecommunication/ICT Policy Forum.
- Professorial Lecturer of Law (Scholarly Writing), The George Washington University Law School (2012-Present).
- Research Assistant, Professor Daniel Solove, The George Washington University Law School (2008-2009).
- Summer Associate, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Consumer and Trade Protection Section (2007).
- American Bar Association (ABA).
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA).
PUBLICATIONSCURRENT | CHOOSE YEAR | VIEW ALL
- FirstNet Releases Two Key Requests for Comment
Anna M. Gomez, Michael A. Lewis, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Meredith G. Singer
September 18, 2014
- FCC Public Notice on WRC-15 Advisory Committee Recommendations
R. Michael Senkowski, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Katy M. Ross
August 29, 2014
- FirstNet Releases Final NEPA Compliance Policies and Procedures
Anna M. Gomez, Michael A. Lewis and M. Ethan Lucarelli
April 30, 2014
- Commissioner O'Rielly Urges FCC to Address Growing Inventory of TCPA Petitions
Scott D. Delacourt, Thomas R. McCarthy, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Kathleen E. Scott
March 27, 2014
- FirstNet Establishes Preliminary Strategic Roadmap and Recommends Active Stakeholder Input
Anna M. Gomez, Helen Eisner and M. Ethan Lucarelli
March 12, 2014
- EU General Data Protection Regulation: Stalled Until 2015?
M. Ethan Lucarelli
November 2013 | Privacy In Focus
- FCC Implements Sweeping Rules for Video Programming User Interfaces
Scott D. Delacourt, David E. Hilliard, Wayne D. Johnsen, M. Ethan Lucarelli and Henry R. Gola
November 1, 2013