In the Community
Wiley Rein prides itself on a strong connection to the local community in which our staff and attorneys live and work. Wiley Rein staff and attorneys assist the local community in a number of ways, including annual fundraisers, and other community service events. In 2017, the firm made more than $1.1 million in charitable donations to local causes.
Our associates support the Legal Aid Society "Generous Associates" campaign, and our entire firm participates in blood drives to benefit the American Red Cross.
The firm’s recent charitable initiatives provided much-needed assistance to a wide range of organizations including:
- Whitman-Walker Health. The firm was a Marathon-level sponsor of the 2018 Going the Extra Mile event and Partner Shawn Chang served on the steering committee of the gala. The firm has previously sponsored the Annual Walk to End HIV, which benefits Whitman-Walker’s legal services programs for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
- Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia. Wiley Rein was among the top fundraising firms last year for the Legal Aid Society’s Generous Associates Campaign. Through initiatives such as a guest bartending competition, the firm has historically raised money to help the organization provide free legal services to the neediest members of the DC community.
- N Street Village. The firm regularly supports N Street Village by participating in the Annual Empowerment Luncheon and the N Street Village Gala. Both of these events are focused on raising awareness related to women and poverty, homelessness, and health. N Street Village continues to play6 a critical role in helping vulnerable women in Washington, D.C. make life-saving change in their lives.
- The American Heart Association. The firm regularly participates in the annual Lawyers Have Heart 10K Race, 5K Run & Walk. The Wiley Rein Road Runners includes 46 attorneys, staff, family members, and friends.
- Bread for the City. As part of its annual Holiday Helpings Thanksgiving Basket Drive, the firm raises money and assembles baskets of food. The program provides low-income DC families with healthful holiday meals.
- Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs. The firm is among the top sponsors of the Committee’s Wiley A. Branton Awards event.
* * *