- Hiring Process
- The Summer Program
- Wiley Rein 2L Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship
Wiley Rein 2L Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship
Wiley Rein is proud of its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession. The Wiley Rein 2L Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship provides a scholarship in the amount of $25,000 and a 2020 summer associate position to one 2L law student who is a member of a historically underrepresented group in the legal profession – including law students who are members of a racial and/or ethnic minority group, are differently abled, or are from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds – and who has demonstrated academic, leadership, and/or professional accomplishments and a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Applicants’ eligibility for the Wiley Rein 2L Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship will be evaluated across several factors:
- Applicants must demonstrate a record of academic achievement
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Applicants must be members of a historically under represented group in the legal profession, including law students who are members of a racial and/or ethnic minority group, are differently abled, or are from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds
- Applicants must accept Wiley Rein’s offer to join the summer associate program following the completion of their second year of law school
- Applicants must attend an ABA-accredited law school
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants may not be the recipient of a similar diversity award from another law firm
The factors considered in the selection of the scholarship recipient include a focus on a wide array of student backgrounds, characteristics, and life experiences – including those associated with race, gender, age, ethnicity/national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital/parental status, and more.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to receive $25,000 in scholarship assistance. Scholarship payments will be made as follows:
- One half is awarded at the beginning of the firm’s summer associate program
- One half is contingent upon receiving an offer as a full-time associate at Wiley Rein and acceptance of such offer, and will be awarded with the associate’s first paycheck at the firm
Applications are accepted until August 30. To be considered for the Wiley Rein 2L Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Law school transcript (official or unofficial)
- Legal writing sample
- Academic or professional references
- A personal statement of not more than 500 words that addresses the following questions:
- Why is diversity, equity and inclusion important to you?
- How have you been a leader and advanced diversity and inclusion in your community?
Please note: Applying for the Wiley Rein 2L Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship does not preclude you in any way from interviewing with Wiley Rein during on-campus interviews. In fact, we encourage candidates to still schedule an on-campus interview with Wiley Rein.
If you have any questions regarding the Wiley Rein 2L Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship, please contact:
Janell Mallard, Senior Recruiting and Diversity Manager, at (202) 719-3324 or email@example.com.