- Media Mentions
- Press Releases
- Blog Posts
- State Lobbying & Gift Law Guide
What Every Pharma Company Needs to Know About the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Tomorrow, Wiley Rein LLP partners Daniel B. Pickard and James N. Czaban, experts in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the U.S. Pharmaceutical industry will offer their in-depth insights into what companies need to be doing to stay in compliance to avoid scrutiny from the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. In light of recent enforcement actions and evolving case law, the FCPA creates many potential traps for the unwary, and even for companies that believe they understand the intricacies of the law's requirements.
In a 90-minute interactive webinar, Pickard and Czaban, will discuss the recent phenomenon of enforcement and active investigations regarding the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act occurring at record pace. With the recent reports of a bribery prosecution of an extremely well known company, companies need to ensure that they are in compliance with all aspects of the FCPA in order to avoid potential multimillion-dollar settlements and possible criminal liability. Don't let this happen to you!
Questions to be addressed include:
- What is the current state of enforcement taking place?
- What are other countries doing in terms of foreign corruption practices and what are the new rules for the updated UK Bribery Act that takes effect on July 1?
- How can you prepare for a FCPA investigation?
- What elements of the FCPA are most important for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries?
For more information on the webinar, visit: