Wiley Rein Government Contracts Boot Camp Series: Registration for the September 26th "Contractor Business Systems: Interim DFARS Rule" Webinar
What You Will Hear:
Join us for an informative Boot Camp on the new interim rule regarding contractor business systems. The interim rule was issued by the U.S. Department of Defense on May 18, 2011 (76 Fed. Reg. 28,856) for immediate implementation. It provides criteria for adequate contractor business systems and authorizes contracting officers to withhold a percentage of payments, under certain conditions, when a contractor's business system contains a "significant deficiency."
This program will address the requirements of the interim rule, including:
- What contracts are covered;
- The criteria by which each system's adequacy will be measured;
- How "significant deficiency" is defined and the process for making and responding to such a determination;
- The amounts that can be withheld from contractor payments when a system has been determined to contain a significant deficiency; and
- Best practices for addressing the requirements before, during and after a business systems audit.
Boot Camp materials will be made available during the program via webcast and subsequently distributed to participants for future reference. Wiley Rein will assist you with CLE credit.