- Media Mentions
- Press Releases
- Blog Posts
- State Lobbying & Gift Law Guide
Wiley Rein Government Contracts Boot Camp Series: Registration for the February 17th "Recent Developments in Labor and Employment Law Affecting Federal Contractors" Webinar
What You Will Hear:
In recent years, the number of new statutes and regulations governing the relationship between federal contractors and their employees, and related enforcement of these provisions, have expanded greatly. These new laws, in many cases, impose significant new burdens on contractors. Combined with increasingly aggressive enforcement by the Department of Labor, the legal environment for federal contractors in this area has become far more treacherous (with threatened suspension and debarment more common than in prior years). Now more than ever, federal contractors must be proactive in their compliance efforts.
This presentation will cover:
- An overview of the Service Contract Act/Davis-Bacon Act and a discussion of recent enforcement developments, including expanded use of suspension and debarment;
- A primer on the new non-displacement rule regulations, which could come into force any day and which would greatly expand a successor contractor's obligations to a predecessor's employees;
- A discussion of the Labor Department's new emphasis on regulating independent contractors as employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act; and
- An update of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs' new affirmative action regulations, other initiatives and overall stepped up enforcement efforts.
Boot Camp materials will be made available during the program via webcast and subsequently distributed to participants for future reference. Wiley Rein will assist you with CLE credit.