- Media Mentions
- Press Releases
- Blog Posts
- State Lobbying & Gift Law Guide
Spotlight on Wiley Rein's Aviation Litigation Practice
The aviation industry is highly regulated, and business disputes require specialized expertise in order to properly represent a client's interest. Wiley Rein's experienced litigators in the aviation industry provide efficient representation of the highest caliber, focusing on results.
Our litigators represent clients regularly in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as in arbitration proceedings, mediation and government investigations. Our broad experience includes breach of contract actions, enforcement of warranties, challenges to regulations, internal investigations, matters before the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Department of Transportation (DOT), alleged violations of antitrust laws, as well as stepping in to assist in assessing and resolving disputes that have not yet become formal claims.
Wiley Rein has represented clients in almost every kind of aviation related dispute.
A sampling of our aviation litigation experience includes the following:
- Aircraft purchase contract disputes with manufacturers, including representing purchasers of new aircraft from Gulfstream, Hawker, Eclipse and Bombardier that have made claims arising from defective manufacturing and breach of contract.
- Disputes regarding negligent maintenance and damage to aircraft and engines.
- Disputes arising from aircraft leases and purchase agreements.
- Represented a major cargo carrier in a challenge to the citizenship of an international cargo carrier entering the U.S. market.
- DOT and FAA enforcement actions affecting carriers, charter operators, online travel agents, charter brokers and shippers.
- Currently represent a major airline in an antitrust class action regarding claims of price fixing of baggage fees.
- Represented the bankruptcy estate of a major aircraft manufacturer in pursuing and collecting on claims against several airlines for unpaid spare parts.
- Represented a major airline in an Anti-Cybersquatting action, reclaiming the infringing domain name for our client.
For more information regarding an aviation dispute, please contact:
Bert W. Rein at 202.719.7080 or email@example.com or Attison L. Barnes, III at 202.719.7385 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Christopher M. Mills at 703.905.2810 or email@example.com.