- Bid Protests
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Suspension and Debarment
Senior Communications Manager
Chambers USA Ranks Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice in Its Top Tier and Partners Rand L. Allen, Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb among the Nation's Best
The 2009 edition of Chambers USA rates Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice among the nation's top-tier groups and names practice chair Rand L. Allen and partners Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb as "Leading Lawyers" in their field.
Chambers reports that "this group has emerged as seriously strong competition for the historically preeminent practices. . . Part of 'a first-rate firm with real depth,' the team comprises tremendous litigators who offer innovative solutions to complex procurement problems. Consistently engaged in major work, it acted for Boeing in the hugely significant KC-X Tanker bid protest. . . Peers are impressed with the enthusiastic and extremely bright younger partners, noting that the next generation of government contracts attorneys at the firm 'is really starting to hit its stride.'"
Rand Allen is praised for being "at the top of his field," and Chambers says "his practical advice is highly sought after by clients." "Future all-around superstar" Scott M. McCaleb is described by clients as "bright, hard-working and analytical" and Paul F. Khoury is "recommended as an excellent choice for public procurement matters."
Mr. Allen commented on the ranking, "We are particularly gratified by this rating as it reflects the views of our peers and our clients."
The Chambers ratings are based on extensive interviews of law firms' clients, colleagues and competitors. Inclusion in the directory is determined through a rigorous vetting process whereby researchers evaluate law firms and attorneys on a number of factors.