- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Technology Transactions
- Class Actions and Complex Multi-Jurisdiction Litigation
- Enforcement of Arbitration Clauses
- Federal Preemption
- First Amendment/Commercial Speech
- Judicial Review of Agency Action
- Rights-of-Way Litigation and Counseling
- Tower Siting and Wireless Facilities Access
- Video Programming and Cable Franchising
Senior Communications Manager
Wiley Rein's Joshua Turner Named to the National Law Journal/Legal Times' List of "40 Under 40"
Joshua S. Turner, a partner in Wiley Rein's Communications Practice, has been named to the National Law Journal/Legal Times' list of “40 under 40,” which recognizes young attorneys who “have already made their marks in private practice, in government agencies on Capitol Hill and with public interest groups.” The paper predicts that those on the list “will play a major role in the legal community of the nation's capital—and therefore of the nation—for years to come.”
Mr. Turner receives recognition for having “already built his own successful practice” at the “telecommunications powerhouse” Wiley Rein. Among his notable accomplishments is a recent victory before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit that affirmed the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) reassignment of a portion of the mobile satellite services spectrum from Globalstar, Inc. to his client, Iridium Satellite LLC. Mr. Turner was also involved in that same court's affirmance of an FCC ban on exclusive contracts between cable companies and the owners of apartment buildings.