- Bid Protests
- Class Actions and Complex Multi-Jurisdiction Litigation
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- D&O and Financial Institution Liability
- E&O for Lawyers, Accountants and Other Professionals
- Election Law & First Amendment Litigation
- Election Law & Government Ethics
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Enforcement of Arbitration Clauses
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Federal Election Commission Representation
- Federal Preemption
- First Amendment/Commercial Speech
- Foreign Agents Registration Act
- General Liability
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Hatch-Waxman Act Litigation
- Health Care
- Health Care Contracting
- Insurance Appellate
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Judicial Review of Agency Action
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Patent Litigation
- Policy Drafting and Product Development
- Professional Liability Defense
- Property Coverage
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Rights-of-Way Litigation and Counseling
- Section 111 Insurer Reporting and MSP Reimbursement
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Tax-Exempt Organizations Compliance Counseling
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
- Technology Transactions
- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Tower Siting and Wireless Facilities Access
- Video Programming and Cable Franchising
Senior Communications Manager
Washingtonian Magazine Names 18 Wiley Rein Attorneys to "Best Lawyers" List
Richard E. Wiley is honored as one of Washington, DC's 30 "Superstar" lawyers and 17 Wiley Rein attorneys are named "Best Lawyers" by Washingtonian magazine in its 2011 guide to the capital area's "very best legal talent."
Mr. Wiley, head of the firm's preeminent 80-attorney Communications Practice, is singled out as the "unofficial sixth commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission and the godfather of HDTV." Joining him among the best communications lawyers are R. Michael Senkowski, chair of the firm's Telecommunications Practice, Nancy J. Victory, co-chair of the firm's International Telecommunications Group and Helgi C. Walker, co-chair of the Communications Litigation and Appellate Groups. With four "Best Lawyers" in the Communications arena, Wiley Rein stands atop the field in Washington.
Washingtonian also recognizes four members of the Election Law & Government Ethics Practice for their "guidance on campaign finance, ethics laws, and other rules of the political game." Named among the best in this field are co-chairs Jan Witold Baran and Michael E. Toner, partner Carol A. Laham and of counsel Robert L. Walker.
For their work on behalf of insurance providers, Insurance Practice chair Daniel J. Standish, Thomas W. Brunner, chairman emeritus of the Insurance Group, Laura A. Foggan, chair of the Insurance Appellate Group, and partner Richard A. Simpson all are named "Best Lawyers."
The magazine names H. Jason Gold, chair of the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Practice, and partner Valerie P. Morrison, among the best lawyers for "getting reorganized."
Rand L. Allen, chair of the Government Contracts Practice, and partner Scott M. McCaleb are named among the area's "leading government contracts attorneys" for their ability to "help companies bid for contracts and deal with details of working for Uncle Sam."
And for those with "bright ideas," Washingtonian names James H. Wallace, Jr., chair of the Patent Group and Bruce G. Joseph, chair of the Copyright Practice, among Washington, DC's "intellectual property experts" and "good bets" to assist those seeking to obtain or defend patents and copyrights.