- Media Mentions
- Press Releases
- Blog Posts
- State Lobbying & Gift Law Guide
Senior Communications Manager
Ambassador David Gross to Lead Global Internet Policy Discussion at Technology Policy Institute's 2012 Aspen Forum
Wiley Rein partner Ambassador David A. Gross has been selected to lead a panel discussion on international proposals that may have a major impact on the Internet at the Technology Policy Institute's 2012 Aspen Forum, to be held August 19-21. The panel, "Internet Governance in the 21st Century: Global Considerations," includes a discussion of the upcoming ITU treaty-writing World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT).
- Fiona Alexander, associate administrator at the U.S. Department of Commerce's Office of International Affairs National Telecommunications & Information Administration (NTIA)
- Naser Al-Rashedi, representative to the International Telecommunication Union, United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
- Renato Opice Blum, partner, Opice Blum Advogados Associados
- Stephen Crocker, chairman, Board of Directors, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
- Luigi Gambardella, chairman, Executive Board, European Telecommunications Network Operators' Association (ETNO)
The Technology Policy Institute is a non-profit research and educational organization that focuses on the global economics of innovation, technological change and regulation.
Amb. Gross, chair of Wiley Rein's International Telecommunications Group, is the chair of the Information, Communications and Technology Committee of the United States Council for International Business (USCIB). In addition, Amb. Gross-who before joining Wiley Rein served in the State Department as the senior U.S. government official responsible for international communications policy-has been named to be the Chair of the WCIT Ad Hoc Coalition representing a diverse group of 15 of the largest multinational telecoms, Internet and media companies in the world on Internet issues associated with the upcoming WCIT being held in Dubai this December.
Amb. Gross is one of the world's foremost experts on international telecommunications, having addressed the United Nations General Assembly and led more U.S. delegations to major international telecommunication conferences than anyone in modern history.