- Climate Change
- Commercial Chemicals and Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Emerging Technologies
- End-of-Life Product Management
- Endangered Species
- Energy Efficiency
- Environmental Regulation, Litigation, and Counseling
- Hazardous Materials Transportation
- Import, Export, and Transportation
- Manufacturing and Materials Restrictions
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Pesticides and FIFRA
- Product Safety
- Product Stewardship and Recycling
- Recalls and Reverse Distribution
- Supply Chain and Transactional Support
Import, Export, and Transportation
Wiley Rein’s Consumer Product Regulation Practice has, in concert with our International Trade Practice and our Environment and Safety Practice, developed a robust practice relating to the regulation of imported and exported consumer products. We have particular expertise with the regulation of imports and exports under laws such as the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), and the Plant Protection Act (PPA). In addition, we have significant expertise relating to the hazardous materials transportation requirements under the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) hazmat regulations, and the standards and regulations set by international regulatory bodies involved in the transportation of goods, including the UN Committee of Experts on transport of dangerous goods, the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- Preparing successful customs compliance programs, prior disclosures, and protests for clients with a multinational manufacturing base.
- Assisting firms across industries including chemicals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, metals, and textiles in assessing country of origin labeling requirements and compliance for import and export sales, as well as determining eligibility for “Made in USA” claims under both federal and state law.
- Assisting companies in industries as diverse as pesticides, pharmaceuticals, pet products, automobiles, and oil and gas surveying with obtaining import permits and complying with import regulations administered by agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.S. National Highway Transportation & Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
|Tracy Heinzman||Partneremail@example.com||Download vCard|
|George A. Kerchner||Senior Regulatory Analystfirstname.lastname@example.org||Download vCard|
|John R. Shane||Partneremail@example.com||Download vCard|
|Maureen E. Thorson||Partnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Download vCard|