Telephony & Information Technology
The Telephony & Information Technology Practice counsels a broad range of clients on communications matters. Attorneys represent clients in regulatory proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission, Congress, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, and state regulatory agencies. Attorneys have substantive expertise in the federal and state regulatory requirements that apply to traditional telecommunications services, broadband services, and emergency technologies, including the rules governing Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video services delivered via IP networks.
In addition to traditional regulatory work, the Practice also advises clients regarding mergers and acquisitions in the communications sector. Attorneys in the group conduct regulatory due diligence and obtain any necessary federal and state regulatory approvals in connection with such transactions.
Finally, attorneys draft and negotiate a range of commercial agreements – including end user and wholesale contracts – for both buyers and sellers of communications services. These agreements cover such services as domestic and international voice, dedicated access, private line, Ethernet, MPLS, IP-based transport, roaming, and Wi-Fi.
Our capabilities include:
- Broadband Regulation, Including Net Neutrality Requirements
- Customer Privacy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Transactions
- Universal Service and Intercarrier Compensation
- Video Issues
- VoIP Regulations
Representative clients include:
- AT&T, Inc.
- Puerto Rico Telephone
- Virgin Islands Telephone
- Vermont Telephone
|Bethany A. Corbin||Staff Attorneyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Download vCard|
|Ambassador David A. Gross||Partneremail@example.com||Download vCard|
|Christopher S. Huther||Partnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Download vCard|
|William T. Lake||Consulting Counselemail@example.com||Download vCard|
|Bennett L. Ross||Partnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Download vCard|
News & Insights
News & Insights
- October 4, 2018 | Media MentionS&P Global Market Intelligence
- May 10, 2017 | Media MentionLaw360
- September 23, 2016 | Press Release
- May 11, 2016 | Press Release
- March 25, 2016 | ArticleLos Angeles Daily Journal
- January 27, 2016 | Media MentionLaw360
- December 21, 2015 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Wins Law360’s ‘Practice Groups of the Year’ Honors for Government Contracts, Insurance, International Trade, and Telecommunications
- December 4, 2015 | Media MentionLaw360
- November 6, 2015 | Media MentionLaw360