J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., magna cum laude, University of Georgia
Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Journal of International Law
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Chiara represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under various types of general liability, professional liability, and cyber insurance policies.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Researched, analyzed, and drafted memoranda on insurance litigation, government contracts, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Rehabilitation Act, and Fair Housing Act claims.
- Law Clerk, University of Virginia General Counsel’s Office (2017)
- Innocence Project at the UVA School of Law (2015-2018)
- Pro Bono Project President (2017-2018)
- Clinic Student (2016-2017)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Judge Wendy Shoob, Fulton County Superior Court (2016)
News & Insights
- November 1, 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- September 1, 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- August 1, 2019 | NEWSLETTERSeventh Circuit Holds Prior Event Exclusion Bars Coverage For Claim Simultaneously Tendered to Current and Former Carriers
- August 1, 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- June 2019 | NEWSLETTERMaine District Court Holds Insurer Has No Duty to Defend SEC Enforcement Action Because Disgorgement Constitutes a Penalty
- April 1, 2019 | NEWSLETTERNinth Circuit Holds Section 533 and Financial Services Exclusion Do Not Bar Coverage for Alleged Mortgage Modification Scam
- December 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTER