J.D., magna cum laude, Mississippi College School of Law
B.A., summa cum laude, Mississippi State University
Law Clerk for the Honorable Oliver E. Diaz, Supreme Court of Mississippi (1999-2000)
Law Clerk for the Honorable Leslie H. Southwick, Mississippi Court of Appeals (1998-1999)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Amy represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability insurance policies.
- Assists in monitoring complex litigation in state and federal courts and counsels professional liability insurers on coverage issues with respect to such litigation.
- Conducts legal research and drafts pleadings addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Collaborated in defense of complex insurance coverage matters involving long-tail liabilities arising from asbestos personal injuries.
- Deposed and defended expert witnesses, prepared motions and appellate briefs, drafted opinion letters for transmittal to clients and managed joint defense groups comprised of numerous insurance carriers involved in coverage litigation.
- Represented construction owners and primary contractors in breach of contract matters.
- Defended consumer credit reporting agency in matters involving the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Project Review Manager, Advanced Discovery (2015-2018)
- Private law practice (2000-2012)