J.D., George Mason University School of Law
B.S.E.E., Lehigh University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
Annemarie serves as consulting counsel to Wiley Rein LLP. She concentrates her practice on employee benefits, with particular attention to qualified plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans and tax-sheltered annuity plans. She also has experience with health and welfare plans.
- Assists clients in the design, development, and administration of their employee benefit plans.
- Drafts plan and other documents meeting the diverse benefit and compensation needs of clients, including plans that have received Internal Revenue Service (IRS) approval.
- Serves as employee benefits counsel in mergers and acquisitions, advising clients during negotiations regarding the post-transaction structure of employee benefit plans and programs, performs due diligence of employee benefit plans and programs maintained by parties to the transaction, and advises clients of the impact of due diligence findings on the transaction, the plan sponsor, and affected employees.
- Advises clients regarding the opportunities created by the implementation of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), and serves as counsel to both fiduciaries and non-fiduciary parties during sale and purchase of ESOP-owned companies or ESOP-owned shares.
- Counsels fiduciaries, including plan sponsors and bankruptcy trustees, regarding the special issues that arise when a plan sponsor enters into bankruptcy.
- Advises clients in the termination and merger of employee benefit plans in ordinary business circumstances, and in mergers/acquisitions/bankruptcies.
- Performs internal compliance audits of employee benefit plans and has counseled clients regarding methods for correcting document, operational, and fiduciary violations.
- Successfully obtained compliance statements on behalf of clients participating in IRS and U.S. Department of Labor correction programs.
- Assists clients in responding to government inquiries, and guided clients during audits conducted by the IRS and DOL.
- Section of Taxation, American Bar Association Section of International Law. Vice Chair, Defined Contribution Subcommittee.
- TE/GE Mid-Atlantic Pension Liaison Group
- Virginia Bar Association