J.D., Harvard University, 2004
B.A., Duke University, 2001
Law Clerk for the Honorable Magaret B. Seymour, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, Eastern District of North Carolina, Middle District of North Carolina, and Western District of North Carolina
Antonio represents financial services companies and other major corporations, as well as their officers and directors, in a variety of civil and criminal enforcement matters before federal and state agencies. He has advised clients in matters involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board, and state attorneys general.
In addition, he has represented clients in responding to investigations and other inquiries by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the United States Attorneys’ Offices (USAO), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and matters before investigative arms of intergovernmental organizations, including the World Bank Group’s Integrity Vice Presidency and the Asian Development Bank’s Office of Anticorruption and Integrity. He also has handled complex civil litigation in federal district court and in federal courts of appeals.
Mr. Reynolds has been recognized by Legal 500 as a leading lawyer in Cyber Law (Data Protection and Privacy).
- Counsels clients on the critical legal, regulatory, and policy issues associated with new financial technologies, including online lending, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cryptocurrencies, payments technologies, and financial account aggregators.
- Conducts internal investigations and other assessments relating to a range of corporate governance and enterprise risk matters.
- Advises fintech companies on a wide range of bank regulatory matters and assists clients with examination readiness and responses.
- Represents financial services companies in connection with Civil Investigative Demands and subpoenas from federal and state financial regulators and agencies, including settlement and litigation.
- Advises clients on data governance best practices, cybersecurity standards, and consumer privacy requirements under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and state privacy laws.
- Private Law Practice (2013-2019)
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Maryland (2011-2013)
- Private Law Practice (2006-2010)
- Legal 500 2018 and 2019: Recognized in Cyber Law (Data Protection and Privacy)
- Lawyers of Color’s 2014 Hot List
News & Insights
- November 7, 2019 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTWiley Rein Webinars
- October 23, 2019 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTElectronic Transactions Association (ETA)Duane C. Pozza, Speaker, Antonio J. Reynolds, Speaker
- October 10, 2019 | ALERT
- October 4, 2019 | ARTICLELaw360Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds
- September 4, 2019 | ALERT
- September 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- August 9, 2019 | BLOG POSTWiley Connect
- August 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- July 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- June 26, 2019 | PRESS RELEASEAntonio Reynolds, Financial Services Attorney and Former Federal Prosecutor, Joins Wiley Rein’s TMT Practice