J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., Davidson College
Development Editor, Journal of Law and Politics
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
Brandon defends companies and their executives in complex civil and criminal cases involving alleged health care fraud, the False Claims Act (FCA), whistleblower allegations, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), antitrust, regulatory violations, and contract and procurement fraud. She has extensive experience shepherding life sciences companies, government contractors, not-for-profits, and technology companies through internal investigations and responding to subpoenas and civil investigative demands (CIDs). She also advises a broad range of companies on privacy, telecommunications, compliance, Team Telecom, and new media issues.
- Litigates FCA cases and other complex federal actions both at the trial and appellate levels.
- Defends corporations and executives in the life sciences field facing multi-agency federal fraud investigations.
- Defends executives facing Park doctrine/Responsible Corporate Officer (RCO) charges stemming from allegations of off-label marketing.
- Represents executives and corporations facing FCPA investigations.
- Represents corporate executives facing multi-agency investigations of fraud and regulatory violations.
- Conducts internal investigations to assess allegations of misconduct, potential exposure and advise on appropriate disclosures or corrective actions.
- Assists companies with strategy and logistics associated with responding to government subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and civil litigation.
- Assists government contractors with assessing, investigating, and responding to ethics hotline complaints.
- Assists not-for-profits in responding to and managing government investigations.
- Assists companies in interfacing and complying with Team Telecom requirements.
- Supports foreign acquisitions of critical U.S. infrastructure companies in conjunction with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) process and negotiations with Team Telecom.
- Counsels clients regarding best practices for developing policies and procedures for compliance with complex laws and regulations.
- Represents companies and individuals facing Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigations and potential enforcement actions.
- Counsels clients on compliance with complex anti-kickback statutes and regulations.
- Intern, the Honorable Anthony Trenga, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Senior Account Manager, DCI Group
- Women's White Collar Defense Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Criminal Justice
- The Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
- Criminal Law Section
News & Insights
- May 16, 2019 | Teleforum | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTThe Federalist SocietyBrandon J. Moss, Speaker, Mark B. Sweet, Speaker
- May 15, 2019 | ALERTQui Tam Cases Rise from the Dead: Supreme Court Extends Statute of Limitations Even When the Government Declines to InterveneBrandon J. Moss, Mark B. Sweet
- May 6, 2019 | ALERT
- March 26, 2019 | Washington, DC | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTABA/FCA Round Table Dinner and DiscussionAmerican Bar Association
- March 6, 2019 | ARTICLEReassessing the Cost-Benefit Calculation of Joint Defense Agreements in the Modern Corporate Enforcement Era
- February 20, 2019 | Teleforum | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTThe Federalist SocietyBrandon J. Moss, Speaker, Mark B. Sweet, Speaker
- February 19, 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- December 13, 2018 | Washington, DC | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFood and Drug Law Institute: Enforcement, Litigation, and Compliance Conference: For the Drug, Device, Food, and Tobacco IndustriesBrandon J. Moss, Panelist
- December 7, 2018 | ALERTThe Granston Doctrine Comes to Life: Gilead Demonstrates the Dexterity of the Government's Dismissal Powers in False Claims Suits, but Leaves Some Questions UnansweredMichelle B. Bradshaw, Brandon J. Moss
- November 19, 2018 | ALERT
- September 21, 2018 | ARTICLEIt’s About Time: Courts Should Correct Unjust Interpretation of False Claims Act’s Statute of LimitationsWashington Legal Foundation
- July 9, 2018 | ARTICLELaw360Brandon J. Moss, P. Nicholas Peterson
- July 3, 2018 | ALERTActing Associate Attorney General Provides DOJ Perspective on Current and Future Civil FCA EnforcementBrandon J. Moss, Madeline J. Cohen
- June 4, 2018 | ARTICLELaw360
- February 1, 2018 | ARTICLEThe Federalist SocietyBrandon J. Moss
- January 25, 2018 | ALERTThe Granston Doctrine?: Memorandum Indicates New Emphasis on Proactive Dismissals of Meritless False Claims Act Cases
- April 27, 2017 | Washington, DC | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTEnforcement and ComplianceFDLI's Introduction to U.S. Medical Device Law and RegulationBrandon J. Moss, Speaker
- February 2017 | NEWSLETTER
- June 29, 2016 | ALERT
- June 17, 2016 | MEDIA MENTIONRisk & Insurance
- June 9, 2016 | Online Webinar | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTThe Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: 2016 Enforcement and Compliance PrioritiesWiley Rein
- April 2016 | NEWSLETTER
- March 10, 2016 | ARTICLE
- February 29, 2016 | ARTICLE
- June 11, 2015 at Noon - 1 pm | Wiley Rein Webinar | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT
- January 22, 2015 | ARTICLE
- December 4, 2014 | PRESS RELEASE
- June 27, 2014 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTWiley Rein Government Contracts Boot Camp Series: "Recent Developments in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act" Webinar
- March 28, 2014 | ALERTRalph J. Caccia, Brandon J. Moss
- Winter 2014 | NEWSLETTER
- February 18, 2014 | PRESS RELEASE
- February 14, 2014 | ARTICLEBloomberg BNA's International Trade Daily Bulletin; Bloomberg BNA's International Trade Reporter
- November 27, 2013 | PRESS RELEASE
- January 2013 | NEWSLETTER
- December 2012 | ALERTThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Volume 20, No. 12
- November 2012 | NEWSLETTER
- October 10, 2012 | ALERTSixth Circuit Hits the Brakes on District Court’s FCA Ruling, Noting the FCA is not a Vehicle to Police Technical Compliance with Complex Federal Regulations
- August 6, 2012 | ARTICLEGovernment Contracts Law360
- August 3, 2012 | ALERTThe Fifth Circuit Rules that Government Employees Can Blow the Whistle on Alleged False Claims Act Violations
- July 27, 2012 | PRESS RELEASEWiley Rein Files Class Action Lawsuit Against Virginia Women's Prison Violating Inmates' Constitutional Rights
- June 2012 | NEWSLETTERFCC Requests Comments on the Privacy and Security of Information Stored on Mobile Communications Devices
- May 2012 | NEWSLETTER
- April 2012 | NEWSLETTER
- March 2012 | ARTICLEProtecting Consumer Privacy in an Era of Rapid Change: Summary of the FTC Final ReportBrandon J. Moss
- March 14, 2012 | ARTICLEProposed New European Union Data Regulation Offers Benefits and Poses Challenges for U.S. BusinessesBloomberg Technology LawAmbassador David A. Gross, Brandon J. Moss
- Winter 2012 | NEWSLETTERHill Increasingly Focused on Cybersecurity Threats and Private Sector Responses: Looming Effects on Government Contractors
- February 22, 2012 | ALERT
- February 2012 | NEWSLETTER