J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., University of Oklahoma; Phi Beta Kappa
Executive Notes Development Editor, The Tax Lawyer
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Cara counsels and represents government contractors on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, and compliance issues.
- Regularly prosecutes and defends bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including claims under the Contract Disputes Act (CDA) and appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA).
- Counsels clients on compliance issues involving the Buy American Act (BAA) and Trade Agreements Act (TAA).
- Advises clients on prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Law Clerk, Dallas County Public Defender’s Office (2013)
- Congressional Intern, Office of Congressman Tom Cole (OK-04), U.S. House of Representatives (2011)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for Government Contracts by Super Lawyers magazine (2018)
News & Insights
- April 24, 2019 | ALERT
- February 2019 | NEWSLETTERKey Takeaways from the Federal Circuit’s Recent Discussion of Potential Procurement Integrity Act Violations
- February 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- February 5, 2018 | ALERTTracye Winfrey Howard, Cara L. Lasley
- Spring 2017 | ARTICLEPublic Contract Law Journal
- March 28, 2017 | ARTICLEBloomberg BNA’s Federal Contracts ReportJohn R. Prairie, Cara L. Lasley
- February 2017 | NEWSLETTER
- January 25, 2017 | ARTICLEEnsuring Your Victory Is Not Pyrrhic: Options Following a GAO Sustainment or Voluntary Corrective ActionBloomberg BNA's Federal Contracts ReportBrian Walsh, Cara L. Lasley
- November 9, 2016 | ALERT
- August 22, 2016 | ALERT
- July 14, 2016 | ALERT
- June 2016 | NEWSLETTER
- February 17, 2016 | ALERT
- February 2016 | NEWSLETTER