J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., cum laude, Radford University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Eighth, and District of Columbia Circuits
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Virginia
Chris is an experienced litigator, appearing regularly before federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state regulatory commissions. He also appears on behalf of clients in a variety of alternative dispute resolution settings, including arbitrations and mediations.
- Represents communications companies, industry associations, and equipment manufacturers in complex litigation in federal and state courts and in regulatory proceedings before federal agencies and state commissions.
- Counsels wireless and wireline clients on infrastructure deployment strategies, including joint use and pole attachment issues.
- Represents clients in agency rulemakings, investigations, and enforcement proceedings, including FCC Pole Attachment Complaint proceedings and FTC Civil Investigative Demands.
- Advises clients on all joint use and pole attachment issues, including contract negotiation, rate-setting methodologies, make-ready, and surveys and joint audits.
- Negotiates, mediates, and arbitrates commercial disputes, including contract, infrastructure, and regulatory disputes.
- Counsels clients on compliance with state and federal telecommunications and advertising laws and regulations, and assists in the development of regulatory strategies.
- Provides advice about domestic and international competition policy, universal service and E-Rate compliance, equipment authorizations, and communications cost models and methodologies.
- Represented numerous foreign airlines in challenges to new airport terminal charges at the Newark International Airport and the Los Angeles International Airport.
- Represents corporate and individual clients before trial and appellate courts on a broad array of civil and criminal matters.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Advisory Board, Bloomberg BNA's Communications Environmental & Land Use Report (CELULR)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Board of Directors, International Telecommunications Society (ITS) (2006-2011)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Telecom and Broadcast Regulatory Law (2010-2012, 2015-2018)
- Named Legal Elite, Readers Pick Top Local Attorneys by Washington SmartCEO (2009-2010)
News & Insights
- June 1, 2018 | Press Release
- May 31, 2017 | Press Release
- May 23, 2017 | Indianapolis, IN | Speaking EngagementLegal Panel: Industry Specific Issues (FCC)Heartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- May 1-2, 2017 | Atlanta, GA | Speaking EngagementUtility Pole Attachments: Understanding New FCC Regulations and Industry TrendsEUCI CourseClaire J. Evans, Speaker, Christopher S. Huther, Speaker
- December 27, 2016 | AlertFCC Seeks Data and Comment About Ways to Streamline and Expedite Local Approval of Small Cell Wireless Infrastructure Deployment
- October 25, 2016 | Livonia, MI | Speaking EngagementLegal Panel: Industry Specific IssuesHeartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- September 15, 2016 | Bellevue, WA | Speaking EngagementJoint Use Legal ForumWestern Energy Institute's 2016 Joint Use ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- June 15, 2016 | Press Release
- May 10, 2016 | Cannonsburg, PA | Speaking EngagementLegal Panel: FCC Panel DiscussionHeartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- March 9, 2016 | Wisconsin Dells, WI | Speaking EngagementLegal PanelWisconsin Joint Use ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- September 16, 2015 | Denver, CO | Speaking EngagementJoint Use Legal ForumWestern Energy Institute's 2015 Joint Use ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- June 3, 2015 | Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 32 Wiley Rein Lawyers Across Seven Practices Nationally; Four Partners Are ‘Leading Lawyers’
- May 12, 2015 | Akron, OH | Speaking EngagementLegal PanelHeartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther
- October 28, 2014 | Newark, OH | Speaking EngagementLegal PanelHeartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- September 23, 2014 | Portland, OR | Speaking EngagementJoint Use Legal ForumWestern Energy Institute's 2014 Joint Use ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- May 7, 2014 | Lansing, MI | Speaking EngagementLegal PanelHeartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- May 1, 2013 | ArticleBNA’s Communications Environmental & Land Use Law Report, Vol. 2013, No. 5Christopher S. Huther, Claire J. Evans
- March 21, 2013 | Wisconsin Dells, WI | Speaking EngagementLegal PanelWisconsin Joint Use ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- February 27, 2013 | Press Release
- June 6, 2012 | Press ReleaseThe Legal 500 US Ranks Wiley Rein's Telecommunications Group in the Top Tier for the Sixth Consecutive Year
- May 30, 2012 | Press ReleaseThe Legal 500 US Ranks Four Wiley Rein Practices Among Nation's Best; Wiley and Senkowski Named 'Leading Lawyers'
- March 13, 2012 | New Orleans, LA | Speaking EngagementChallenges to the FCC's Pole Attachment Order ... and What Lies AheadUTC Joint Use and Wireless Collocation Summit 2012Christopher S. Huther, Speaker
- November 2, 2011 | Cleveland, OH | Speaking EngagementFCC Update -- Projections for What is to Come -- Legal PanelHeartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- September 20, 2011 | Long Beach, CA | Speaking EngagementJoint Use Legal ForumWestern Energy Institute's 2011 Joint Use ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- August 8, 2011 | Press Release
- June 2011 | ArticleThe FCC's Pole Attachment Order and the Future of Joint UseCommunications Environmental & Land Use Law Report (CELULR), Vol. 2011, No. 6Christopher S. Huther
- May 13, 2011 | Long Beach, CA | Speaking EngagementFCC Pole Attachment Order: Blood, Sweat and CheersUTC Telecom 2011 Pole Attachment Regulatory Update WorkshopChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- May 4, 2011 | Detroit, MI | Speaking EngagementThe Effects of the April 7 FCC Pole Attachment Order -- A Legal PerspectiveHeartland ConferenceChristopher S. Huther, Speaker
- April 26, 2011 | Speaking EngagementThe Pole Attachment Order and the Future of Joint UseBNA WebinarChristopher S. Huther, Speaker