J.D., Cornell Law School
B.A., with high honors, Dartmouth College
General Editor, Cornell International Law Journal
Law Clerk for the Honorable Delissa A. Ridgway, U.S. Court of International Trade (2014-2015)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
New York Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of International Trade
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Cynthia represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including customs law and international trade litigation (such as antidumping and countervailing duty cases). She has provided advice to clients in diverse industries, including steel products, footwear, consumer electronics, and lawn and garden products. As a former law clerk at the U.S. Court of International Trade, she brings a unique perspective to her practice. Cynthia, a certified Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt, uses the LLSI process and project management tools to continually improve the value proposition the firm delivers to its clients.
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), U.S. International Trade Commission, U.S. Court of International Trade, and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Assists clients in diverse industries, including footwear and consumer electronics, with U.S. Customs and Border Protection in obtaining ruling letters.
- Advises clients on compliance with economic sanctions and export controls maintained by the U.S. Department of State and DOC.
- Drafts articles on legal developments in international trade, commercial arbitration, and mediation law.
- Drafted opinions, orders, and letters on matters concerning international trade and U.S. customs law.
- Legal Intern, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR Institute) (2013-2014)
- Summer Law Clerk, California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. (2012)
- Judicial Intern, Magistrate Judge Chris M. McAliley, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2011)
- Summer Law Clerk, Asset Forfeiture, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida (2011)
- Intern, Office of Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (2009-2010)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law
- Vice Chair, Policy and Rule of Law, International Trade Committee
- Vice Chair, Diversity, International Arbitration Committee
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA)
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- International Law Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Women in International Trade (WIIT)
News & Insights
- December 20, 2017 | ArticleAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogCynthia C. Galvez
- September 27, 2017 | ArticleCBP Announces Critical Interim Measures in New Investigations Against Evasion of the Antidumping Order on Chinese Diamond SawbladesAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogCynthia C. Galvez
- August 29, 2017 | ArticleCBP Initiates Investigation and Takes Critical Interim Measures Against Evasion of Antidumping Order on Chinese Diamond SawbladesAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogCynthia C. Galvez
- June 13, 2017 | Barcelona, Spain | Speaking EngagementABA Section of International Law 2017 Europe ForumCynthia C. Galvez, Speaker
- June 12, 2017 | ArticleU.S. International Trade Commission Submits Preliminary Report and Seeks Limited Additional Comments on Petitions for Import Duty ReductionsAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogCynthia C. Galvez
- April 28, 2017 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementABA Section of International Law 2017 Spring MeetingCynthia C. Galvez, Panelist
- April 12, 2017 | Alert
- March 22, 2017 | ArticleCommerce Calls for Information on U.S. Pipeline Construction and Maintenance for Domestic Sourcing PlanAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogCynthia C. Galvez
- January 5, 2017 | ArticleAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogCynthia C. Galvez
- December 2016 | ArticleInternational TradeABA Section of Litigation Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts 4th Edition
- August 31, 2016 | ArticleAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogCynthia C. Galvez