J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; Order of the Coif
B.A., Cornell University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and District of Columbia Circuits
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Eastern District of Michigan
District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Dale has extensive commercial and insurance-related litigation experience, including trial-level and appellate litigation involving complex, high-stakes disputes. In the insurance arena, Dale has represented several of the nation’s largest property and casualty insurers and reinsurers in litigation involving environmental claims, toxic torts, asbestos, construction defects, products liability, computer-related claims, property loss and business interruption claims, directors and officers, professional liability, and fraud matters. Dale also serves as the firm's General Counsel and has extensive knowledge and experience in legal ethics.
- Regularly represents liability insurers and commercial clients in trial and appellate litigation before federal and state courts nationwide.
- Acted as trial and appraisal counsel for a major insurer in World Trade Center property insurance litigation.
- Recovered several million dollars for clients in multiple subrogation and contribution lawsuits.
- Successfully briefed and argued appeals before federal and state appellate courts.
- Has extensive experience in advising insurance carrier clients concerning bad faith issues.
- Counsels firm attorneys on ethical and professional liability issues, including compliance with professional rules of conduct and other legal standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Serves as risk manager for the firm, acting as Loss Prevention and Claims Counsel.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Section of Litigation
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
News & Insights
- February 14, 2014 | Phoenix, AZ | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFracking – Can Coverage Be Extracted?TIPS ICLC 22nd Annual Midyear MeetingDale E. Hausman, Panel Chair & Speaker
- February 12, 2014 | ARTICLEData Breaches and CGL Policies: The Emerging Coverage Picture for Private Suits and Credit Card Processor DemandsAdvisenDale E. Hausman, Matthew W. Beato
- February 12, 2014 | PRESS RELEASE
- January 4, 2014 | ARTICLECoverage for Fracking-Related Claims Under the CGL PolicyDale E. Hausman, Edward R. Brown
- November 14, 2012 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTHurricane Sandy Insurance ConsiderationsPLI WebinarDale E. Hausman, Speaker
- November 5, 2012 | PRESS RELEASEWiley Rein’s Foggan, Hausman To Lead PLI Webcast on Hurricane Sandy’s Commercial Insurance Implications
- June 7, 2012 | ARTICLEDale E. Hausman
- May 18, 2006 | PRESS RELEASE