J.D., magna cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
B.S., James Madison University
Associate Research Editor, George Mason Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Danielle represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under various types of general liability and professional liability insurance policies.
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of procedural and substantive issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Drafts motions and pleadings on behalf of insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with ongoing litigation in federal and state courts.
- Won summary judgment for excess insurer in coverage dispute over several million dollars in defense costs arising from an SEC investigation, with the court holding that the “claim” was first made prior to the policy period. Jalbert v. The Zurich Servs. Corp., No. 17-12227-RWZ, 2018 WL 4232905 (D. Mass. Sept. 5, 2018).
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing, Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University (2019-Present)
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Rudolph Contreras, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2017)
- Writing Fellow, George Mason University School of Law, Legal Research, Writing, and Analysis program (2016-2017)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Immigrant and Employee Rights Section (2016)
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia (WBA)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
News & Insights
- April 1, 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- February 1, 2019 | NEWSLETTERSpecific Circumstances and Prior Notice Exclusions Bar Coverage for Trustee’s Lawsuit Against Former Directors and Officers
- October 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- October 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- October 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTERCourt Denies Reconsideration of Holding that Securities Exclusion Bars Coverage for Claims Involving Misrepresentations Made During Sale of Securities
- August 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- June 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTERNinth Circuit Holds Section 533 ‘Willful Acts’ Exclusion Does Not Bar Coverage for Alleged Violations of California False Claims Act
- May 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTERInsurer Entitled to Rescind Policy Where Insured Law Firm Made Material Misrepresentations in Application
- May 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- April 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- February 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTER
- January 1, 2018 | NEWSLETTERPrior Knowledge Condition Bars Coverage Where Insured was Warned of Negligence Claim Before Policy Incepted
- December 14, 2017 | ARTICLEPrior Knowledge Condition Bars Coverage Where Insured was Warned of Negligence Claim Before Policy InceptedExecutive SummaryDanielle J. Barondess
- October 18, 2017 | NEWSLETTERContract Exclusion Bars Coverage for Claims Arising from Asset Purchase Agreement’s Non-Compete Clause