J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.B.A., University of Kentucky
Editorial Board, University of Virginia Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
David serves as senior counsel to Wiley Rein LLP. He represents clients on a wide variety of matters before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), including wireless technology, mobile radio operations, and electromagnetic compatibility regulation. David also represents clients on matters involving unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
- Represents clients on radio frequency exposure and safety matters, FCC Enforcement Bureau Proceedings, and spectrum allocation issues involving numerous radio services.
- Represents developers of equipment that operates under Part 15 and Part 95 of the FCC rules including, short range devices, ultra-wideband devices, digital products, and wireless medical devices.
- Counsels clients concerning equipment authorization and regulations including radio frequency emissions testing, 911 technical issues, hearing aid compatibility, disability access and radio frequency identification (RFID) technologies.
- Advises clients on the regulation of devices under Part 18 of the FCC rules governing industrial, scientific, and medical equipment including wireless charging of batteries.
- Provides advice concerning FCC regulations on the marketing and importation of equipment, as well as the development of new electronic products and experimental radio.
- Counsels clients on the privacy of radio communications and mobile radio regulation including cellular, PCS, paging, private, aviation, satellite, and marine.
- Advises clients on electromagnetic compatibility regulation and radio and television broadcasting technical issues.
- Advises clients on radio spectrum and communications regulation for emerging technologies involving unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), railroads, ships, and land vehicles in proceedings before the FCC, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- General Attorney, Federal Communications Commission, Cable Television Bureau (1975-1976)
- One of the original partners in what is now Wiley Rein LLP
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a “recommended lawyer” in Telecom and Broadcast Transactional Law (2017-2018)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
News & Insights
- June 1, 2018 | PRESS RELEASE
- February 14, 2018 | BLOG POST
- December 21, 2017 | ALERT
- July 12, 2017 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTWho Flies There? Emerging Legal Issues in Drone Identification and Counter-Drone TechnologiesWiley Rein Webinar
- May 31, 2017 | PRESS RELEASE
- March 23, 2017 | ARTICLE