J.D., cum laude, Howard University School of Law
M.P.A., Louisiana State University
B.A., Louisiana State University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Derrick represents clients in a variety of areas including telecommunications litigation and regulatory proceedings; government and internal investigations; discovery requests; and immigrant rights.
- Represents clients involved in complex commercial arbitrations.
- Researches and drafts comments and other written submissions for clients in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Counsels clients on the implications of recent U.S. Supreme Court jurisprudence on the seal requirement under the False Claims Act (FCA).
- Counsels clients regarding compliance with FCC Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) programs.
- Represents pro bono client in connection with a habeas corpus request based on immigration detention.
- Assists clients in responding to subpoenas and civil investigative demands.
- Conducts regulatory due diligence and risk assessments for communications transactions.
- Led a team in writing an amicus brief in a Fourteenth Amendment case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Research Assistant, Dean Danielle Holley-Walker, Howard University School of Law (2015-2016)
- Student Attorney, Howard University School of Law Civil Rights Clinic (2015-2016)
- Corporate Legal Intern, AT&T Federal Legal Department (2014)
- Legislative Intern, U.S. House of Representatives, Representative Cedric Richmond (2013)
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Diverse Associates Network
- Washington Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Chair, Raising the Bar Committee
- Member, Corporate Counsel Committee
- J. Franklyn Bourne Bar Association
- Greater Washington Urban League, Thursday Network
- Chair, Civic Engagement Committee
- Alfred Street Baptist Church, Legal Resources Ministry
News & Insights
- January 16, 2018 | Press ReleaseBloomberg Law Profiles Wiley Rein’s Pro Bono Practice and Its Work on Behalf of Immigrants Detained in Shenandoah Valley Juvenile Center
- November 7, 2017 | Press Release
- February 14, 2017 | Alert