J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
B.A., American University
Note and Comment Editor, Administrative Law Journal
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Edgar has extensive experience representing U.S. and multinational companies on regulatory and transactional matters involving telecommunications services. His experience includes representation before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Congress, and the Administration. Edgar serves as chair of Wiley Rein’s Latino Lawyers Affinity Group.
- Advises clients on transactions involving the transfer, assignment or lease of FCC licenses and authorizations, including companies seeking to invest in FCC-regulated entities.
- Provides regulatory advice on FCC spectrum auctions, spectrum allocation proceedings, wireless licensing and policy matters.
- Assists clients in obtaining foreign ownership approvals, including the preparation and prosecution of Petitions for Declaratory Ruling under Section 310(b) of the Communications Act.
- Advises clients on national security issues.
- Counsels clients in FCC enforcement and compliance matters, from the negotiation of settlement agreements to the development and implementation of compliance plans.
- Represents several major international telecommunications companies on Universal Service Fund matters before the FCC and the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
- Develops practical, client-focused strategies to ensure compliance with the FCC’s rules and regulations.
- Negotiates commercial contracts related to telecommunications services and customers.
- Successfully represents clients on numerous E-Rate appeals before the FCC.
- Successfully represented a major airline providing Wi-Fi service to its frequent flyers in an FCC proceeding involving Over-the-Air-Reception-Devices rules against an airport requiring the airline to cease such operations.
- Attorney, Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (1998-2000)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Journal Committee (2011-2013)
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee (2002-2004, 2007-2010)
- Co-Chair, CLE Committee (2006-2007)
- Co-Chair, Relations With Other Bar Associations Committee (2005-2006)
- Nominations Committee (2004)
- Federal Communications Bar Association Foundation
- Co-Chair, Internship Stipend Committee (2011-2012)
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia (HBA-DC)
- President (2016)
- President-Elect (2015)
- Board of Directors (2013-2014)
- Chair, Professional Development Committee (2011-2012, 2014)
- Named one of City Year Washington, DC's Idealists of the Year (2012)
- Recipient of the Federal Communications Bar Association's Distinguished Service Award (2011-2012)
News & Insights
- June 4, 2018 | ArticleLaw360
- April 19, 2018 | AlertUpdate on FCC NPRM Intended to Mitigate Communications Supply Chain Risks Through Universal Service Fund Regime
- January 24, 2018 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Represents Puerto Rico Telephone Company in FCC Petition for Emergency Universal Service Support
- November 7, 2017 | Press Release
- August 1, 2017 | Press Release
- April 20, 2017 | Alert
- November 30, 2016 | Press Release
- November 21, 2016 | Alert
- November 1, 2016 | Press Release
- August 5, 2016 | Alert
- January 15, 2016 | Press Release
- March 18, 2015 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementDiversity Advocate RoundtablePower Summit 2015Edgar Class, Panelist
- January 16, 2015 | Press Release
- September 11, 2014 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementFrom Net Neutrality to FCC Reform: Is It Time for a Re-Write of the Communications Act of 1934?39th Hispanic National Bar Association Annual ConventionEdgar Class, Moderator
- July 24, 2014 | Alert
- January 29, 2013 | Press Release
- May 22, 2012 | Press ReleaseCommunications Attorney Edgar Class Receives Member Spotlight Honor from the Hispanic Bar Association of DC
- February 4, 2011 | Alert