J.D., with high honors, Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America, Institute for Communications Law Studies; Member, Moot Court Association
B.A., with high honors, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Associate Editor, Catholic University Law Review
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Greg is an experienced regulatory and transactional attorney who advises national, regional, and local media companies on regulatory compliance, structures and negotiates media transactions, and represents media companies in enforcement actions and disputes.
- Structures and documents mergers, acquisitions, joint arrangements, and other operational and content agreements for media clients against the backdrop of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) media ownership rules. Successfully navigates the FCC approval process for transactions valued from the thousands to the billions of dollars.
- Advises and counsels national, regional, and local television and radio broadcasters in a wide range of regulatory and transactional matters, including foreign ownership in U.S. media companies, broadcast indecency, political advertising, and cable and satellite carriage of television stations.
- Represents media clients in FCC enforcement, rulemaking, and adjudicatory proceedings.
- Advises radio and television broadcasters on compliance with FCC rules and policies including station licensing and license renewal, disclosure and reporting requirements, and rules affecting program content.
- Counsels broadcasters on regulations affecting technical operation and new media platforms, including digital broadcasting and mobile distribution.
- Advises media owners, lenders, and equity investors on FCC regulatory requirements in bankruptcies, restructuring, and workouts.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Communications Law Section
- Internet Law Section
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Mass Media Practice Committee
- Transactional Practice Committee
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
News & Insights
- November 22, 2017 | Alert
- June 5, 2015 | AlertGregory L. Masters, Eve Klindera Reed
- May 6, 2015 | Alert
- April 17, 2014 | AlertFCC Releases Report and Order Making Television Joint Sales Agreements Attributable; Proposes Disclosure Requirement for Shared Service Agreements
- February 21, 2014 | AlertGregory L. Masters, Kathleen E. Scott
- October 28, 2011 | AlertGregory L. Masters, Kathryne C. Dickerson