J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., University of Pennsylvania
Associate Editor, The Tax Lawyer
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
With close to two decades of experience in and around the legislative, regulatory and political process in Washington, DC. Gregg counsels technology, media, telecommunications, space and satellite clients; as well as some of the largest associations on their complex legal, political, and legislative matters. He has a successful track record of steering client outcomes and achieving results by designing, coordinating, and executing legislative, regulatory, and media strategies across a wide area of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, government regulations, and telecommunications and technology related disputes. Greg has worked for most of his clients for more than a decade, demonstrating his deep connection to their business goals and his ability to drive measurable value while proving a fresh and strategic perspectives on their most pressing issues.
- Has represented various parties in almost all high-profile and high-stakes transactions and regulatory proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Congress, including the largest telecommunications merger in U.S. history.
- Originate and deploy strategy to help companies achieve their goals before Congress, the Administration, regulatory agencies and international forums.
- Specializes in working with clients on developing a combination of comprehensive legal strategies that include advocacy, communications and government outreach that lead to meaningful outcomes.
- Drafts legislation, amendments, report language, speeches, and press statements on regulatory and congressional aspects of all issue areas within the jurisdiction of the Senate Commerce Committee.
- Democratic General Counsel and Senior Democratic Counsel, U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Served as primary counsel to the Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Commerce Committee on international and domestic economic policy (1997-2004)
- Special Assistant, Office of U.S. Representative Steny H. Hoyer (1987-1992)
News & Insights
- June 10, 2015 | MEDIA MENTIONLaw360
- February 16, 2012 | ARTICLEGregg L. Elias
- September 27, 2004 | PRESS RELEASE