J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
M.A., Harvard University
B.A., cum laude, Radcliffe College/Harvard University
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Jacquelynn provides legal, regulatory, and public policy guidance on international issues impacting telecom, media, and technology industries. She assists companies to develop strategic direction for trade policy, and initiatives including market access for new technologies, privacy, cybersecurity, global Internet policy, and spectrum.
Prior to joining the firm, Jacquelynn was Vice President of International Government Relations and Policy at Verizon Communications, where she led a group responsible for public policy development, advocacy, and guidance around international issues, including international trade. She directed Verizon’s global policy work in organizations such as the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), ICANN, and the Internet Governance Forum, and regional organizations for the Americas (CITEL) and the Asia-Pacific (APEC).
In addition, she represented Verizon as a member of federal advisory committees to the U.S. Coordinator for International Communications and Information Policy at the U.S. Department of State and to the U.S. Trade Representative and U.S. Department of Commerce. Jacquelynn was also a member of the boards of the U.S. Telecom Training Institute and the European-American Business Council, a co-chair of the Digital Trade group of the U.S Council for International Business, and participated in the Policy and Spectrum Groups of the GSM Association.
- Assists clients in solving complex problems in the global context by drawing on more than 25 years of experience as an attorney in private practice and at the FCC, a public policy executive at a major global corporation and a frequent interlocutor with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Provides counsel to telecommunications and technology clients on international communications services and submarine cable facilities, transactions, foreign ownership and investment and international Internet policy.
- Provides advocacy and policy support around a wide range of digital economy issues globally, such as market access for Internet of Things (IoT) and other innovative services.
- Represents telecommunications companies regarding domestic and international public policy matters.
- Advocates for clients within U.S. and international forums, such as the ITU and the OECD.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- International Bureau, Associate Chief and Chief of Staff
- International Bureau, Policy Division, Legal Advisor
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Washington International Trade Association (WITA)
News & Insights
- September 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- August 16, 2019 | BLOG POSTWiley Connect
- August 2019 | NEWSLETTER
- July 19, 2019 | BLOG POSTWiley Connect
- July 18, 2019 | PODCASTWiley Connected
- June 26, 2019 | PRESS RELEASEAntonio Reynolds, Financial Services Attorney and Former Federal Prosecutor, Joins Wiley Rein’s TMT Practice
- March 26, 2019 | ALERTStephen J. Claeys, Jacquelynn Ruff
- March 20, 2019 | PODCASTWiley ConnectedScott D. Delacourt, Jacquelynn Ruff
- February 7, 2019 | PRESS RELEASE