J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., with honors, Tufts University
Member, The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
Jessica represents clients in asset acquisitions, dispositions and exchanges, debt and equity financing transactions, and other corporate matters, specializing in mass media/broadcast transactions. She has negotiated, drafted, and closed hundreds of radio and television transactions, ranging in price and complexity. In addition, Jessica has broad experience in tower sales and leasing matters for a variety of clients. She drafted an industry-leading form for television channel sharing agreements and has negotiated these agreements for many broadcast clients.
- Lead transactional counsel for a rapidly growing national radio broadcaster in multiple, complex asset and stock acquisitions ranging from $254 million to $1 million transactions.
- Lead transactional counsel for a national radio broadcaster in its first and second lien credit facilities totaling over $402 million and in multiple rounds of warrants and equity arrangements.
- Lead transactional counsel in the sale of 200 broadcast towers and related assets to a tower company, including negotiating leaseback and similar use arrangements.
- Lead transactional counsel advising television clients and working with industry associations to draft and negotiate channel sharing agreements in connection with the FCC's broadcast incentive auction.
- Lead transactional counsel representing a national tower company in the acquisition of various towers and tower sites.
- Lead transactional counsel representing a producer and distributor of plant protection products to negotiate a $25 million credit facility with a national bank.
- Transactional counsel for a global media company in the divestiture of more than 450 radio stations in multiple transactions and in its acquisition of a traffic business unit, with purchase prices ranging from under $100,000 to several hundred million dollars.
- Lead transactional counsel representing various noncommercial broadcasters in their acquisitions and divestitures of radio stations.
- Transactional counsel for a media company in its sale of 16 TV stations for $1.5 billion to seven separate buyers.
- Counsel for a dozen television group owners in a spectrum relocation transaction involving hundreds of stations.
- Extensive experience drafting, negotiating, and structuring a variety of complex agreements, including asset purchase, stock purchase, exchange, local marketing and programming, credit agreements, limited liability company agreements, and real property leases.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Telecom and Broadcast Regulatory Law (2018-2019)
News & Insights
- June 3, 2019 | PRESS RELEASE
- June 1, 2018 | PRESS RELEASE
- March 27, 2017 | ALERT
- February 21, 2017 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFederal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)Wayne D. Johnsen, Speaker, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Speaker
- February 6, 2017 | ALERTFCC to Initiate Repack With Confidential Letters to Broadcasters; Waives Reverse Auction Anti-Collusion Rules
- March 9, 2016 | PRESS RELEASE
- March 3, 2016 | PRESS RELEASE
- August 21, 2015 | MEDIA MENTIONTVNewsCheck
- June 15, 2015 | ALERTFCC Provides Broadcasters with More Channel Sharing Flexibility; Seeks Comment on Non-Auction Related Sharing Agreements
- April 30, 2012 | PRESS RELEASE
- December 31, 2008 | PRESS RELEASE
- December 31, 2007 | PRESS RELEASE
- May 8, 2006 | PRESS RELEASE
- September 30, 2005 | PRESS RELEASE
- August 24, 2005 | PRESS RELEASEWRF Business & Finance, Media and Antitrust Groups Assist Emmis in Sale of TV Stations for $681 Million