J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., Cornell University
Member, The George Washington Law Review
Law Clerk for the Honorable Lawrence S. Margolis, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (1996-1997)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Kevin represents clients on all aspects of federal, state, and local procurement matters, including contract claims and disputes, bid protests, government investigations and audits, civil false claims act actions, and compliance issues.
- Regularly represents clients in bid protests at the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as state courts.
- Assists clients in analyzing, preparing, submitting, and negotiating certified claims, requests for equitable adjustment, as well as termination settlement proposals, including successful resolution of certified claims valued at more than $200 million under major IT outsourcing contract.
- Has represented clients in proceedings before the Boards of Contracts Appeals, including successful appeal of Contracting Officer's denial of claim for price adjustment and successful resolution of claims relating to termination of IT services contract, through alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
- Extensive experience with government and internal investigations, contractor disclosures, compliance reviews, subpoena responses, False Claims Act litigation and investigations, and suspension and debarment matters.
- Particular experience on issues relating to the government's acquisition of commercial products and services under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 12, as well as a variety of issues relating to General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule contracts, including commercial sales practices (CSP) disclosures, price reductions, audits, Contractor Assistance Visits, and other Schedule contracting issues.
- Assists clients in crafting and negotiating a wide variety of complex business agreements ranging from contract restructurings, subcontracts, licenses, and other proprietary information agreements, strategic alliances, and teaming agreements. Also advises clients on government contracts issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, such as conducting due diligence and responding to Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) reviews.
- Regularly counsels clients on a variety of government contracts issues, including data rights and other intellectual property issues; country of origin issues under the Buy American Act (BAA) and the Trade Agreements Act (TAA); small business subcontracting and socioeconomic obligations; the Service Contract Act (SCA) and related compliance issues; and protection of proprietary and confidential information from release under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice Chair, Procurement Fraud Committee (2011-Present)
- Co-Chair, Commercial Products and Services Committee (2007-2011)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Government Contracts and Litigation Section Steering Committee
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Government Contracts (2019)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
News & Insights
- July 17, 2019 | ALERT
- June 3, 2019 | PRESS RELEASE
- January 25, 2018 | ALERTGSA Expands Schedule Contractors’ Authority to Provide Off-Schedule Materials and Services Without Using “Open-Market” ProceduresKevin J. Maynard, Gary S. Ward
- April 20, 2017 | ALERT
- April 19, 2017 | MEDIA MENTIONBloomberg BNA’s Federal Contracts Report
- August 31, 2016 | ALERT
- August 23, 2016 | Webinar | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFederal Publications SeminarsKevin J. Maynard, Speaker, Tara L. Ward, Speaker
- June 23, 2016 | ALERTNews Flash: GSA Issues Final Version of Transactional Data Reporting Rule, Calling for Phased Elimination of Both PRC and CSP
- June 2016 | NEWSLETTER
- May 16, 2016 | ALERT
- May 16-17, 2016 | Minneapolis, MN | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFederal Publications SeminarsKevin J. Maynard, Speaker, John R. Prairie, Speaker
- April 28, 2016 | McLean, VA | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFederal Publications SeminarsKevin J. Maynard
- November 19, 2015 | San Jose, CA | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFederal Publications SeminarsKevin J. Maynard
- July 23, 2015 | Hilton Head, SC | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTAdvanced Government Contract Administration WorkshopFederal Publications SeminarsKevin J. Maynard
- July 16, 2015 | Webinar | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFederal Publications SeminarsKevin J. Maynard, SPEAKER
- Summer 2015 | NEWSLETTERBe Careful What You Wish For: GSA’s Proposal to Replace the Price Reductions Clause Generates Widespread Criticism
- May 28, 2015 | ALERTNew Proposed Regulation and Guidance Implementing Executive Order 13673 Fair Pay and Safe WorkplacesEric W. Leonard, Kevin J. Maynard
- November 25, 2014 | Herndon, VA | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTSelection of Sources: Socio-Economic Programs and Multiple Award SchedulesNational Contract Management Association's Contract Lifecycle Series
- November 12 - November 13, 2014 | Arlington, VA | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTCommercial Item AcquisitionFederal Publications Seminars
- Fall 2014 | NEWSLETTERThe Court Trusts, But You Should Verify—D.C. Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Qui Tam Alleging Reseller Violated the TAA
- March 31, 2014 | ALERTKevin J. Maynard, P. Nicholas Peterson
- February 2014 | NEWSLETTER
- January 28, 2014 | ALERT
- November 20, 2013 | ALERTNew DOD Final Rule Imposes Cyber-Reporting Obligations and Basic Safeguarding Protocols for “Unclassified Controlled Technical Information”
- October 3, 2013 | ALERTInterim Rules Require Enhanced Whistleblower Protection and Limit the Allowability of Costs for Whistleblower ProceedingsKevin J. Maynard
- March 5, 2013 | ARTICLEGovernment Contractors’ Guide to Surviving SequestrationBloomberg BNA's Federal Contracts Report
- March 4, 2013 | ALERTKevin J. Maynard, Kara M. Sacilotto
- Winter 2013 | NEWSLETTER
- January 8, 2013 | ALERTKevin J. Maynard
- November 9, 2012 | ALERTSBA Provides Important Guidance on “Non-Manufacturer Rule,” Validates Practice of “Drop Shipment” by Small Business ResellersKevin J. Maynard, John R. Prairie
- April 19, 2012 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTFAR Regulations for Federal Contractors: Meeting the Mandatory Disclosure and Code of Conduct Requirements; Implementing Internal ControlsStrafford WebinarKevin J. Maynard, Speaker
- March 13, 2012 | ALERT
- Winter 2012 | NEWSLETTER
- February 6, 2012 | ARTICLE
- December 6, 2011 | ARTICLEGovernment Contracts Law360
- December 5, 2011 | ALERTU.S. Department of Agriculture to Require all Contractors to Certify That They (and Their Subcontractors and Suppliers) are in Compliance with Labor Laws or Risk Being Subject to the False Claims Act
- October 18, 2011 | McLean, VA | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTCloud Computing - Myths and Best PracticesFairfax County Chamber of CommerceKevin J. Maynard, Speaker
- June 1, 2011 | SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTStrafford CLE WebinarKevin J. Maynard, Speaker
- June 8, 2010 | PRESS RELEASE
- December 29, 2003 | PRESS RELEASE
- August 29, 2000 | PRESS RELEASE