J.D., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif; Willard Waddington Gatchell Award (awarded to the top three students in the graduating class)
M.S., University of Central Florida
B.A., The Pennsylvania State University
Member, The George Washington Law Review
Law Clerk for the Honorable Deborah K. Chasanow, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2005-2006)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Eleventh Circuits
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, District of Maryland, Eastern District of Michigan, and Northern District of Florida
Kim represents insurers in complex disputes arising under professional liability policies, with an emphasis on claims against lawyers and other professionals, including accountants, architects, engineers, insurance agents, and real estate brokers.
- Represents professional liability insurers as coverage counsel and in coverage litigation.
- Serves as monitoring counsel in connection with professional liability claims.
- Counsels professional liability insurers on both coverage issues and strategies for handling underlying liability matters.
- Serves as defense counsel for lawyers, accountants, and other professionals in complex professional liability actions.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Litigation
- Named to Law360's Insurance Editorial Advisory Board (2018)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" (2016) and "Rising Stars" (2014-2015) for Insurance Coverage by Super Lawyers magazine
- Named by The Legal 500 US a “recommended lawyer” in Insurance Law (2015)
News & Insights
- November 2, 2017 | Atlanta, GA | Speaking Engagement2017 PLUS International ConferenceKimberly A. Ashmore, Speaker
- April 28, 2017 | Press Release
- September 22, 2016 | Chicago, IL | Speaking EngagementHow Could I Have Known? Prior Knowledge Coverage Issues in Lawyers Professional Liability CasesAmerican Bar Association's 2016 National Legal Malpractice ConferenceKimberly A. Ashmore, Speaker
- September 19, 2016 | Press ReleaseWiley Rein Files Amicus Brief on Behalf of ACLU-MD and Public Justice Center in Maryland Personnel Records Exemption Case
- June 7, 2016 | Press Release
- March 2016 | ArticleABA's 2016 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE SeminarKimberly A. Ashmore, Co-Author, Charles C. Lemley, Co-Author
- March 4, 2016 | Tucson, AZ | Speaking EngagementABA's 2016 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE SeminarKimberly A. Ashmore, MODERATOR
- July 2015 | ArticlePLUS Journal
- June 3, 2015 | ArticleLaw360Kimberly A. Ashmore, Ashley E. Eiler
- June 3, 2015 | Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 32 Wiley Rein Lawyers Across Seven Practices Nationally; Four Partners Are ‘Leading Lawyers’
- April 23, 2015 | Press Release
- April 9, 2015 | Washington, DC | Speaking EngagementTiming is Everything: Notice, Priors, and TailsABA National Legal Malpractice ConferenceKimberly A. Ashmore, Moderator
- April 25, 2014 | Press Release“Super Lawyers” Recognizes 66 Wiley Rein Attorneys in Washington, DC Area Across 18 Areas of the Law
- March 21, 2014 | ArticleABA's Insurance Coverage JournalKimberly A. Ashmore
- January 2, 2014 | Press Release
- June 2013 | ArticleThe Lion in Winter: How Firms Proactively and Humanely Can Address Cognitive Impairment in an Aging Lawyer PopulationProfessional Liability Underwriting Society Journal, Vol. 26, No. 6
- June 21, 2012 | ArticleABA Webinar Materials
- August 31, 2011 | Press Release
- July 14, 2011 | Press Release
- January/February 2011 | ArticleIrrelevant Innocence: The Interplay Between Innocent Insured Provisions and Prior Knowledge Provisions in Claims-Made PoliciesCoverage, Vol. 21, No. 1
- December 2010/January 2011 | ArticleWatching Your BackManaging Partner